The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This will improve economic growth of the country which will ensure proper utilisation of human labour. It is the housewives who are never paid for the work they do. Thus there is loss of skilled labour in our country.

Family is basic unit. Husband, wife and children all have their role. Husband also does not get any money for doing anything for family. He gets salary only for his work from employer. Then the salary is spent on entire family- husband, wife and children. Leave aside the exception of drunkard and irresponsible husbands. Otherwise, salary earned by husband is used for common benefit of entire family and not husband only. When both husband and wife work, the combined income is also used for entire family. The idea of salary for wife is not understandable. This idea is indeed ridiculous.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
This is odd. This is against the concept of family norms. A wife is not a permanent prostitute as against casual call girls paid on daily basis.

But she is just being entitled a share in her husband's salary. There are many households across India where the women is not even given a penny, I think the move is appreciable and not condemnable.

Such proposal presupposes that woman is always housewife and financially dependent. This seeks to make wife permanently and statutorily subservient to man for ever. Also such law will degenerate a wife to position of housemaid or even permanent sex worker. We should be for financial self dependency of women and not support any measure that seeks to put them permanently as a dignified housemaid and sex worker. In fact, Lenin had defined family as legalized prostitution. That is the position this law seeks to enforce.

I don't see any point in linking it with paid sex. She is not being paid for being a house maid but so that she can take better care of her family and herself. The money can be put to best use this will depend individually on the lady. Consider the scenario in a village where the women are less educated and mostly are housewives by choice or by conditions. The men don't give them any consideration in anything but are merely considered as maids. Don't you think such a move can be beneficial to those lakhs of women.

In fact, financially secure wife is happier and is better able to do justice to her duties since she is not stressed...It is definitely going to benefit a lot of down trodden women who have no financial freedom nor do they have any say in any money matter s

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Ashii
Suppose, women are given a part of her husband's salary, as soon as he receive it. But, who can assure her husband won't take that money from her back????

Meera sandhu
Yes I heard this news day before yesterday that husband had to deposit half of their salary in their wife's account.But will it be beneficial for the wife.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Yes I heard this news day before yesterday that husband had to deposit half of their salary in their wife's account.But will it be beneficial for the wife.

It is not 50% of the salary but 20% which is actually ok...whereas in property bought after marriage or even otherwise the share is going to be equal.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think this will not effect much to the wife.Their husband can take out money from their wives account also.Govt should think of another suggestion.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Suppose, women are given a part of her husband's salary, as soon as he receive it. But, who can assure her husband won't take that money from her back????

That is all depending upon individuals. In any case many working wives have to suffer through their own salaries being taken away by their husbands.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That is all depending upon individuals. In any case many working wives have to suffer through their own salaries being taken away by their husbands.

Ultimately, wife is also to spend the money on family needs, food, clothes etc that are common to her, husband and children. The only personal expenses of wife would be cosmetics. So, the very idea of salary to wife is very funny. Husband also would spend the money on family. He needs only pocket money for himself for travel to office and snacks and tea.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is odd. This is against the concept of family norms. A wife is not a permanent prostitute as against casual call girls paid on daily basis.

But she is just being entitled a share in her husband's salary. There are many households across India where the women is not even given a penny, I think the move is appreciable and not condemnable.

Such proposal presupposes that woman is always housewife and financially dependent. This seeks to make wife permanently and statutorily subservient to man for ever. Also such law will degenerate a wife to position of housemaid or even permanent sex worker. We should be for financial self dependency of women and not support any measure that seeks to put them permanently as a dignified housemaid and sex worker. In fact, Lenin had defined family as legalized prostitution. That is the position this law seeks to enforce.

I don't see any point in linking it with paid sex. She is not being paid for being a house maid but so that she can take better care of her family and herself. The money can be put to best use this will depend individually on the lady. Consider the scenario in a village where the women are less educated and mostly are housewives by choice or by conditions. The men don't give them any consideration in anything but are merely considered as maids. Don't you think such a move can be beneficial to those lakhs of women.

In fact, financially secure wife is happier and is better able to do justice to her duties since she is not stressed...It is definitely going to benefit a lot of down trodden women who have no financial freedom nor do they have any say in any money matter s

True. Also the fact that a woman mostly thinks about her children and her family more than her own wellbeing is enough to assure ourselves that she will never squander it on useless things. Also to compare paying a salaried housewife with a commercial sex worker is not proper as a wife is much more than that. A wife builds the home, a mother who builds the nation! If she is to be paid a salary for all her efforts, I see nothing wrong with it!

Ultimately, wife is also to spend the money on family needs, food, clothes etc that are common to her, husband and children. The only personal expenses of wife would be cosmetics. So, the very idea of salary to wife is very funny. Husband also would spend the money on family. He needs only pocket money for himself for travel to office and snacks and tea.

No its not funny at all! I am a wife too and I only buy cosmetics when I can afford to, ie, after paying for all the more essential things that are needed by my child and my husband. After that, I try to save a little for something that might come up unexpectedly. Sometimes I don't even get to buy things that are indeed every essential for me personally. Me and all other wives like me, save and scourge money and buy things only occasionally. So its not funny. But if I were paid a salary, that would be much more easier! Ask any lady around you and she will tell you its not funny at all. Maintaining a home in a tight budget is not child's play!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.