Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is nice. I will definately look into my cheque book. Hopefully new cheque books are good to use.
They have already started the process of taking applications and giving new cheque books, my own bank ( HDFC) staff called me to tell about this, it will be either done through email or one has to go personally to give the form ...

Today in a thread Maverick reminded about the same issue of Cheque books
They have already started the process of taking applications and giving new cheque books, my own bank ( HDFC) staff called me to tell about this, it will be either done through email or one has to go personally to give the form ...

http://www.boddunan.com/forum/12-help/11-ask-all-your-doubts-here.html?start=1080

Link for those persons who have not seen admin's post :)

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Yes it is nice of him to do so and also send the cheques well in advance so that we could get it cleared before the end of this month ! :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

But my hubby today told me, it's already implemented in almost all leading private banks including HDFC and ICICI. They are providing their clients with such cheque books now also.

My bank HDFC already intimated and sent me the cheque book

Yes , they have been doing that, since I am not at my home town they called me and asked me to collect it :) ...I think most private banks have done it whereas SBI is just about starting the procedure from what I am told..

Nationalized banks and others are yet to start the procedure, I checked with my bank yesterday and they said that they have yet not received any instructions so far! But my other ICICI bank have already started the procedure!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

But my hubby today told me, it's already implemented in almost all leading private banks including HDFC and ICICI. They are providing their clients with such cheque books now also.

Yes , they have been doing that, since I am not at my home town they called me and asked me to collect it :) ...I think most private banks have done it whereas SBI is just about starting the procedure from what I am told..

Nationalized banks and others are yet to start the procedure, I checked with my bank yesterday and they said that they have yet not received any instructions so far! But my other ICICI bank have already started the procedure!

this process is going to reduce manpower a lot.
My hubby says, now every cheque of Kerala will be sanctioned from Chennai (HDFC Bank). they need to send a scanned image of the cheque.

Meera sandhu

Nationalized banks and others are yet to start the procedure, I checked with my bank yesterday and they said that they have yet not received any instructions so far! But my other ICICI bank have already started the procedure![/quote

Yes that's right ! Nationalised banks are always the last ones to begin inspite of the instructions coming from their own authorities, goes to show that kind of lethargy they have ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I hope they will intimate every customer.Because there are many who just don't know about this changes.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Iam not using cheque books frequently. Rare cases only I use.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Iam not using cheque books frequently. Rare cases only I use.

but if you receive any cheque this month, never forget to cash it this month itself

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.