Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We have to get a new cheque book — add this to your list of 'things to do' before the New Year. You may not be able to use your old cheques from next year with the implementation of the new Cheque Trancation System (CTS-2010), which will eliminate physical movement of cheques for clearing. ..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9394]}

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/personal-finance/savings-centre/savings-news/check-your-cheque-status-only-those-in-new-format-will-be-honoured-from-january-1/articleshow/17457617.cms

Good information, thanks Usha! :cheer:
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Most welcome chinmoy :) ,
@ Sharmista ..as of now, banks are just about getting ready for the change and I am sure that it will be automatically implemented when you ask for your next cheque book or else you will be informed through post...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nice that you shared this information here. :) I just knew about the rupee sign being incorporated but there are more changes as shown in the picture.

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: usha manohar
That means I will have to request for new cheque book. Let me see how many cheques remained in my cheque book. :)
That means I will have to request for new cheque book. Let me see how many cheques remained in my cheque book. :)

If you have a lot of booklets, give me a few yaar, with your sign ;)
No need to fill the amount. I know your mind is 'so big'. I will fill it and complete all your check booklets before 31st. Complete clean :evil: :evil:
So, no need to worry. :)
You can apply for the fresh ones next month.....Dracula Kesavaa :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
They have already started the process of taking applications and giving new cheque books, my own bank ( HDFC) staff called me to tell about this, it will be either done through email or one has to go personally to give the form ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

They have already started the process of taking applications and giving new cheque books, my own bank ( HDFC) staff called me to tell about this, it will be either done through email or one has to go personally to give the form ...

But my hubby today told me, it's already implemented in almost all leading private banks including HDFC and ICICI. They are providing their clients with such cheque books now also.

Meera sandhu

But my hubby today told me, it's already implemented in almost all leading private banks including HDFC and ICICI. They are providing their clients with such cheque books now also.

That is exactly what I said in my post...

My bank HDFC already intimated and sent me the cheque book

My bank HDFC already intimated and sent me the cheque book

Yes , they have been doing that, since I am not at my home town they called me and asked me to collect it :) ...I think most private banks have done it whereas SBI is just about starting the procedure from what I am told..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.