Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Almost all our metro cities are vying with each other for the first slot among the dirtiest cities in the world, and the two tier cities are not far behind as well...India has become a gone case where garbage management is concerned ..

Amenities are not in proportion with development. They say 30 percent of our population stays in slums and on the roads. How can you expect a neat and clean city in these conditions?

It never has been since the time of Nehru...Indian rulers never had a vision and never made provisions for the future growth and things continues to happen to this day...

What we have always lacked is leaders with a foresight, no leaders other than Sardar Patel, Morarji Desai and a few others had such foresight that would consider long term growth! What we now have can hardly be called anything but administrators of some sort, albeit a poorer variety!

I agree ! One would think that an open press and media would have probably made things better but the politicians dont seem to care ! In bangalore the corporation and non administration by the BJP government has left the whole city looking like a huge garbage dump...no one to ask and the garbage dept is taking it easy, let the city stink , who cares ? :dry:

I guess, its the same case everywhere. Even in Imphal, most of the time, the Municipal Corporation would be on strike. So, often garbage are being piled up in the town.

Goes to show that political class is the same everywhere in India, caring only about remaining in power rather than performing and doing their duties, what a shame !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Only in Gujarat have I seen these systems really work well ensuring cleaner cities, even towns and villages are much cleaner than anywhere in India!

No, I forgot! A few little villages in India such as Anna Hazare's Ralegan Siddhi is a virtual paradise, with very clean surroundings and greenery everywhere! He has worked wonders there, wish every one would follow his example. Another similar place is Hivre Bazar in Ahmednagar district, Maharashtra!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Chennai (Capital of Tamilnadu) is getting very dustier now a days. It should be dealt with care.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Only in Gujarat have I seen these systems really work well ensuring cleaner cities, even towns and villages are much cleaner than anywhere in India!

No, I forgot! A few little villages in India such as Anna Hazare's Ralegan Siddhi is a virtual paradise, with very clean surroundings and greenery everywhere! He has worked wonders there, wish every one would follow his example. Another similar place is Hivre Bazar in Ahmednagar district, Maharashtra!

Yes Kalyani, I have heard so much about Anna's little village and would love to visit it some day...I wish there were more such people who are genuine in their aspirations ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes Kalyani, I have heard so much about Anna's little village and would love to visit it some day...I wish there were more such people who are genuine in their aspirations ...

True Usha! and his village is not only clean and green, but they are quite self sufficient and he has been very much successful in banishing alcoholism too. Those who still continue drinking on the sly are punished severely and no socially outrageous behavior is tolerated there!

I think this great city is just indescribable in such parameters. It is home of so many people - a mind-boggling one and the strangest of strange fact is that it survives and continues to fascinate people to come and settle to chase their dreams. The most stark fact is that Mumbai can not afford to have more, it urgently needs strong measures to depopulate itself to restore the quality of life. It may be dirty but has a very big heart!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
I think this great city is just indescribable in such parameters. It is home of so many people - a mind-boggling one and the strangest of strange fact is that it survives and continues to fascinate people to come and settle to chase their dreams. The most stark fact is that Mumbai can not afford to have more, it urgently needs strong measures to depopulate itself to restore the quality of life. It may be dirty but has a very big heart!

It does have a very very big heart but we are giving it a massive heart attack by choking it to death! :blink:

It does have a very very big heart but we are giving it a massive heart attack by choking it to death! :blink:

Big hearts always run the risk of getting attacks and it's for us to save its heart! That's why I suggested coronary by-pass!! :P :P :P

Big hearts always run the risk of getting attacks and it's for us to save its heart! That's why I suggested coronary by-pass!! :P :P :P

Yes, but the leaders who run the nation and the builders' lobby who runs Mumbai does not think so!!! :blink:

Yes, but the leaders who run the nation and the builders' lobby who runs Mumbai does not think so!!! :blink:

I have opened up not from the perspective of leaders ( are they fit to be addressed so?) but from the one of all right-thinking people of this country! :P :P :P
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.