Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Once upon a time Bangalore was called the garden city now the garbage city,

http://beautytipsforflawlessskin.blogspot.com/

Dirtiest city in the world !! That's really strange. I mean world level is the big thing, is it like it is worse from all the world ! That's really sad.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
The only clean city that i have seen is Shimla and those heard are Bangalore and Chandigarh. There is utter lack of civil sense. People attempt to clean their house but make public places dirty.

No, Bangalore is no more that city of gardens. I thought Kolkata tops the table when it comes to dirtiness in the cities.Now Mumbai snatched that honour from Kolkata. Poor Kolkata.

This is just a chance. No city is clean. People have same civic sense and same law everywhere. In fact, Mumbai being financial capital is more in lime light. Kolkata is neglected in all statistics and news. The terrorists also target Mumbai and Delhi ognoring other cities.

That is because causing harm to cities that are the seat of economic and political power will disrupt and cripple any nation so only such cities are targeted always!! recently I have been to Indore which is literally strewn with heaps of garbage and trash everywhere you go, but such cities do not get surveyed in such reports, hence even though Mumbai may have ranked 27, it is only amongst the other cities that were included in the survey and hence we cannot call Mumbai dirty as a general rule!

I agree with that...Mexico city too is one of the filthiest cities so also a few cities in South America , but the difference is human defecation which is unique only to India and puts everyone off esp the foreign tourists who visit here !

Personal sanitation is something that is not given much importance in India even now. Only in cities and towns are people have facilities of proper toilets in their homes. but in most villages, even in wealthy homes, people do not have a toilet, they go and conduct their business in the open. Disgustingly enough, they are not ashamed of it.

In big cities, as there is severe lack of proper infrastructure and what little there is, they are seriously laboring with problems of lack of water, manpower etc. For homeless people there is no place to go and in all the slums, a cable or a satellite dish TV is more important than building toilets!! Hence the national shame ! :blink: Yikes!!! If you have ever traveled from Puneto Mumbai by early morning Pragati express or Deccan Queen, you cannot even look out the window except when crossing the ghats. The tracks are so lined by people squatting and doing their business! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Oh that was surprising I always thought Delhi to be above Mumbai but this broke my illusion. I think big cities are always dirty as they are over crowded unlike small cities. I feel rural areas are lot more cleaner than cities definitely people there are not much educated but they do have more civic sense than people living in cities. :blink:
Mumbai has lot of slums which add to the filth there. The poor people dwell in slums as they have no other place to live. More than a thousand people migrate to Mumbai everyday making it perhaps the most populated city in the world too.

Mala Jaiswar
Mumbai has lot of slums which add to the filth there. The poor people dwell in slums as they have no other place to live. More than a thousand people migrate to Mumbai everyday making it perhaps the most populated city in the world too.

mala but in every city there are slum areas but that is not the only thing which contribute for the overall rating. :blink:
If I prepare the list of dirtiest cities in India, Our Metropolitan cities will occupy all the top most places.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
When the citizens living in the city does't have civic sense, any city can reach the statistic table of dirtiest city. There are many tourist city in India which are dirty and depicts that India don't have proper cleanliness.
Almost all our metro cities are vying with each other for the first slot among the dirtiest cities in the world, and the two tier cities are not far behind as well...India has become a gone case where garbage management is concerned ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have heard that Mumbai is clean city. I am really very shocked to read that it is the most dirty city in India and 5th in the world.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.