Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Friends, what do you think about Summly the mobile app developed by a British teenager. Yahoo! has decided to buy it for millions of dollars. Do you think it is an example of hard work or just a stroke of luck for Nick - the app developer.

I would say this is a result of hard work and not mere luck.

Why I am asking this question is because there are a lot of people who are hardworking. But not all get so much success and money.

Hard work never fails. For some, success would come immediately and for some people success will come in later part of his life. Anyhow the person would definitely achieve success.

I agree with this. As far as I know, Amarish Puri got the first role in a Hindi film at the age of 40. Ronit Roy reached the pinnacle of his popularity through a serial like Adalat. Both got success later in life.

YA. Gita says "do your work. Don't expect success"

Add one more. Rabindranath Tagore has become a painter after 60.
Friends, what do you think about Summly the mobile app developed by a British teenager. Yahoo! has decided to buy it for millions of dollars. Do you think it is an example of hard work or just a stroke of luck for Nick - the app developer.

Why I am asking this question is because there are a lot of people who are hardworking. But not all get so much success and money.

Hard work never fails. For some, success would come immediately and for some people success will come in later part of his life. Anyhow the person would definitely achieve success.

I agree with this. As far as I know, Amarish Puri got the first role in a Hindi film at the age of 40. Ronit Roy reached the pinnacle of his popularity through a serial like Adalat. Both got success later in life.

Oh, I didn't know about the Gurudev. Thanks for mentioning that too. Then I can expect success later than sooner with the project that I hope to materialize one day :woohoo: :woohoo:

There is no direct corelation between work and reward. All work may not be equally rewarded. In view of uncertainty, nothing is certain. But dedicated work is must if you want reward, which is of course not certain. There is element of chance but this depends on work. Chance will never favor an inactive and lethargic person.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Oh, I didn't know about the Gurudev. Thanks for mentioning that too. Then I can expect success later than sooner with the project that I hope to materialize one day :woohoo: :woohoo:

My advice is don't count the days minutes and seconds. Give your best.
Well, I haven't heard about it so far.. What kind of app it is?! well, I have read in earlier post that it is something like news reading app. But yahoo paid him that much is little surprise .

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

There is no direct corelation between work and reward. All work may not be equally rewarded. In view of uncertainty, nothing is certain. But dedicated work is must if you want reward, which is of course not certain. There is element of chance but this depends on work. Chance will never favor an inactive and lethargic person.

Yes, I agree. Taking chances won't help anyone. One has to be active and the will to put in the hard work. I guess, we all are doing that here.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes, I agree. Taking chances won't help anyone. One has to be active and the will to put in the hard work. I guess, we all are doing that here.

At times one has to take some calculated risks. Some adventure is needed. Of course the dividing line between gambling and risk taking is slender.

At times one has to take some calculated risks. Some adventure is needed. Of course the dividing line between gambling and risk taking is slender.

The line is thin. But then one does not know if he is gambling or really taking a risk until something concrete and positive comes out.

This is the best example for the hardwork and also tells us hardwork never fails.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

The line is thin. But then one does not know if he is gambling or really taking a risk until something concrete and positive comes out.

If you use your skill constructively, this is not gambling whether you gain much or not. Gambling involves taking chances on happening or non happening of certain events without any constructive purposes.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.