Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Guys, please stick on to the issue. Deviating to discuss unnecessary issues/topics would result in unproductive outcome especially for the important discussions like this. Are you guys not worried about the hundreds of crores of rupees being spent without any productive result or you guys believe, feel and conclude that the money was spent wisely?

Personally I have never read the full details of the expenditure made on foreign tours but definitely someone has requested the full details of such expenditure using RTI. Anyone has such details and what are the benefits of such expenditure (unless I miss some point here)?

I personally do not think that our PM spent too much on his tours if you take into consideration the amount of 620 ( six hundred and twenty ) crore spent in almost 9 years. I am not a supporter of the present ruling party but Manmohan singh personally was never listed in ministers who spent unnecessarily.
I do agree. 9 years is considerably long time and even our local corporators spent 20 crores on foreign tours in a single year :evil:

First of all, are the ministers and the corporators legally entitled to spend such huge amounts of public money on themselves? Manmohan Singh , as a PM may have some benefits that are due to him because of his position, but considering that they go there as state guests, I find it ridiculous when people suggest spending crores as peanuts involved...There should be accountability for the money spent, even if it is the PM and of course inflation and its effect is something anyone with an iota of common sense would know !
When we take the collective amount spent by the current government - 620 ( six hundred and twenty) crores by the PM, 205 crores by Pratibha Patil, 26 crores by Meria Kumar and so on...we see that that becomes a really huge amount!
Can a country like India which still has people dying from hunger and starvation and farmers committing suicide because they cannot pay back loans need such luxury? can any responsible citizen support such an act and say it is needed , if so for what ? I am amazed that educated people support such an act..

@Usha

My personal take on the issue would be completely different as it is not the dimension of the expenditure but the purposes to which it has been put to that should be the central question. Even a far-fetched comparison with whatever is spent by corporate honchos is not material here as we all know their expenses are under legal control as well as that of shareholders,stakeholders of companies. I have a feeling that Manmohan Singh in his two term has developed a dangerous obsession for grandstanding with world leaders and how much the country has gained out of his endless trips to different destinations of the world I have very serious doubts. All said and done I can only affirm that the governmental functionaries of this country have thoroughly desensitized themselves in using government money for private benefit to the utter detriment of the common people of this country. Mr Singh is no exception although once he hailed from a poverty-ridden family. Isn't it very ironic ?

However we look at the issue, it seems as if the person that Manmohan Singh was once a decade ago is no more the same committed, simple and straightforward individual...ten years of being in power, even if it was borrowed and monitored has definitely changed him !

@Usha

Some people say that Mr. Singh is an over-rated economist and an under-rated politician and the route he chose for himself to occupy the position he holds today is highly dubious. Had Dr. I.G. Patel ,a celebrated economist and a distinguished bureaucrat not declined the original offer of Late Narasimha Rao to join his cabinet as Finance Minister, it would have pulled curtains on Mr. Singh's career. The way he sings in praises of Rahul Gandhi I am put to shame!!!! Sycophancy at its ugliest form!!

All said and done, Manmohan Singh who is supposed to be a great economist has failed miserably in the econmics of his own country and today things are going haywire...So, one can say that our globe trotting PM has done precious little for the country except spend tax payers money lavishly on himself and his team...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Guys, please stick on to the issue. Deviating to discuss unnecessary issues/topics would result in unproductive outcome especially for the important discussions like this. Are you guys not worried about the hundreds of crores of rupees being spent without any productive result or you guys believe, feel and conclude that the money was spent wisely?

Personally I have never read the full details of the expenditure made on foreign tours but definitely someone has requested the full details of such expenditure using RTI. Anyone has such details and what are the benefits of such expenditure (unless I miss some point here)?

I personally do not think that our PM spent too much on his tours if you take into consideration the amount of 620 ( six hundred and twenty ) crore spent in almost 9 years. I am not a supporter of the present ruling party but Manmohan singh personally was never listed in ministers who spent unnecessarily.
I do agree. 9 years is considerably long time and even our local corporators spent 20 crores on foreign tours in a single year :evil:

First of all, are the ministers and the corporators legally entitled to spend such huge amounts of public money on themselves? Manmohan Singh , as a PM may have some benefits that are due to him because of his position, but considering that they go there as state guests, I find it ridiculous when people suggest spending crores as peanuts involved...There should be accountability for the money spent, even if it is the PM and of course inflation and its effect is something anyone with an iota of common sense would know !
When we take the collective amount spent by the current government - 620 ( six hundred and twenty) crores by the PM, 205 crores by Pratibha Patil, 26 crores by Meria Kumar and so on...we see that that becomes a really huge amount!
Can a country like India which still has people dying from hunger and starvation and farmers committing suicide because they cannot pay back loans need such luxury? can any responsible citizen support such an act and say it is needed , if so for what ? I am amazed that educated people support such an act..

@Usha

My personal take on the issue would be completely different as it is not the dimension of the expenditure but the purposes to which it has been put to that should be the central question. Even a far-fetched comparison with whatever is spent by corporate honchos is not material here as we all know their expenses are under legal control as well as that of shareholders,stakeholders of companies. I have a feeling that Manmohan Singh in his two term has developed a dangerous obsession for grandstanding with world leaders and how much the country has gained out of his endless trips to different destinations of the world I have very serious doubts. All said and done I can only affirm that the governmental functionaries of this country have thoroughly desensitized themselves in using government money for private benefit to the utter detriment of the common people of this country. Mr Singh is no exception although once he hailed from a poverty-ridden family. Isn't it very ironic ?

However we look at the issue, it seems as if the person that Manmohan Singh was once a decade ago is no more the same committed, simple and straightforward individual...ten years of being in power, even if it was borrowed and monitored has definitely changed him !

@Usha

Some people say that Mr. Singh is an over-rated economist and an under-rated politician and the route he chose for himself to occupy the position he holds today is highly dubious. Had Dr. I.G. Patel ,a celebrated economist and a distinguished bureaucrat not declined the original offer of Late Narasimha Rao to join his cabinet as Finance Minister, it would have pulled curtains on Mr. Singh's career. The way he sings in praises of Rahul Gandhi I am put to shame!!!! Sycophancy at its ugliest form!!

All said and done, Manmohan Singh who is supposed to be a great economist has failed miserably in the econmics of his own country and today things are going haywire...So, one can say that our globe trotting PM has done precious little for the country except spend tax payers money lavishly on himself and his team...

No doubt Manmohan singh is great economist. But he has failed because of helpless. To improve economy of country some hard decision is required. But his supremo priority is to come back in power.

@Usha

@Usha

No doubt Manmohan singh is great economist. But he has failed because of helpless. To improve economy of country some hard decision is required. But his supremo priority is to come back in power.

Manmohan Singh is not suited to be a leader, he was at his best when he is doing what he was good at , under someone elses guidance - Now things are not much different , he is doing the same thing now, doing the job of a Pm under Sonia Gandhi's guidance...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No doubt Manmohan singh is great economist. But he has failed because of helpless. To improve economy of country some hard decision is required. But his supremo priority is to come back in power.[/quote]

Manmohan Singh is not suited to be a leader, he was at his best when he is doing what he was good at , under someone elses guidance - Now things are not much different , he is doing the same thing now, doing the job of a Pm under Sonia Gandhi's guidance...[/quote]

I agree with you on this point that he is neither a good leader nor has given anything to the nation as a PM. At best he could have served somewhere in finance department or in a university teaching economics.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.