Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Human greed can reach unlimited heights - Water, food and all other necessities are being sold at exorbitant price to the victims by the locals...Honestly, our country and the people here are probably the worst kind of leeches who only think of their own selfish interests even when there is a calamity ...

A small bowl of rice is costing 50 - 100 rupees. A place in the privately operated helicopters is costing anywhere between Rs. 50,000 to Rs 200,000 ! You are right, Indians are the worst kind of greedy leeches who are leeching their own countrymen in such trying times! And all in a place where people go to wash off all their sins! :blink:

In fact, either sinners or tourists go to such places. A few decades only, only those in fifties or above would go on pilgrimage. Now pilgrimage has given way to tourism. There are all types of elements in the society. It is natural that some would try to rob or steal or overcharge the victims. It is reported that ITBP (Indo Tibetan Border Police) caught many Sadhus searching pockets of wounded or dead pilgrims/ tourists.

True...it happens in many other places of pilgrimage too and it is natural human tendency. But it does cause great chagrin when we read about helpless people being taken advantage of. A very moving incident I read just today is about a family from Nagpur whose 15-year-old son was trapped in an extremely difficult spot at a cliffside. Some locals offered to help them rescue him and demanded rupees 100,000. The family all pooled their resources and ornaments and gave them the desired amount, but instead of rescue the boy, they disappeared with all that money and the poor parents literally watched their son die! :( This is the extreme example of human behavior at its lowest which is despicable,

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Human greed can reach unlimited heights - Water, food and all other necessities are being sold at exorbitant price to the victims by the locals...Honestly, our country and the people here are probably the worst kind of leeches who only think of their own selfish interests even when there is a calamity ...

A small bowl of rice is costing 50 - 100 rupees. A place in the privately operated helicopters is costing anywhere between Rs. 50,000 to Rs 200,000 ! You are right, Indians are the worst kind of greedy leeches who are leeching their own countrymen in such trying times! And all in a place where people go to wash off all their sins! :blink:

In fact, either sinners or tourists go to such places. A few decades only, only those in fifties or above would go on pilgrimage. Now pilgrimage has given way to tourism. There are all types of elements in the society. It is natural that some would try to rob or steal or overcharge the victims. It is reported that ITBP (Indo Tibetan Border Police) caught many Sadhus searching pockets of wounded or dead pilgrims/ tourists.

True...it happens in many other places of pilgrimage too and it is natural human tendency. But it does cause great chagrin when we read about helpless people being taken advantage of. A very moving incident I read just today is about a family from Nagpur whose 15-year-old son was trapped in an extremely difficult spot at a cliffside. Some locals offered to help them rescue him and demanded rupees 100,000. The family all pooled their resources and ornaments and gave them the desired amount, but instead of rescue the boy, they disappeared with all that money and the poor parents literally watched their son die! :( This is the extreme example of human behavior at its lowest which is despicable,

Thats horrible ! how can human beings stoop so low ? even if they took the money, they could have helped out and at least tried to rescue the boy ! Hman beings behave worse than animals at times and we come to know their true nature only when there is hardship and difficult times..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51
Here is an extreme case of another kind. Now in AP, political parties are vying with each other to help the stranded people. TDP and Congress arranged two planes to lift the stranded to Hyderabad from the Dehradun air port.Each party wanted to lift maximum people in their respective hired planes. And in this process the parties resorted to mud slinging and hurling filthy abuses at each other in full public view at the airport. The bystanders were laughing at the dirty behaviour of our leaders.
Is it love towards people or the dirty intention of gaining political mileage?
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
The picture says it all....the PM and his boss were having a picnic ! :dry:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10727]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The picture says it all....the PM and his boss were having a picnic ! :dry:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10727]}

And her son, overruled Shinde's prohibitory orders against the visits of VIPs visits and went on a tour to flooded areas. Is it to show his sympathies to the victims?
Thank you said by: suni51
After reading the latest news about the scuffle between politicians at Dehradun airport, I am even more convinced of their immaturity and lack of dignified behavior! Now they are vying to win the title of 'Who puts the country the most to shame' :angry: :blink:

See the link for complete news:

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130627/news-current-affairs/article/mps-fight-ownership-pilgrims-shame-andhra-pradesh

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think we as a nation never learn from our top politicians past mistakes...now there is more news about Vadra son in law of Madame S

https://www.facebook.com/RealityOfKhangress/posts/406128096170167

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10729]}

I think we as a nation never learn from our top politicians past mistakes...now there is more news about Vadra son in law of Madame S

https://www.facebook.com/RealityOfKhangress/posts/406128096170167

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10729]}

Blood suckers. I wonder if there is a higher punishment than hanging them unto death.
I had commenced this thread for highlighting the need to help the locals in affected reason. Many of them lost their source of income and shelter. They are helpless- much more helpless than the pilgrims and tourists who are stranded there. Once they are taken out from Uttarakhand, their issue is resolved.

But the poor locals have to live in Uttarakhand. They have no home, no property, no job outside Uttarakhand. It appears that they are getting no attention at all.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I had commenced this thread for highlighting the need to help the locals in affected reason. Many of them lost their source of income and shelter. They are helpless- much more helpless than the pilgrims and tourists who are stranded there. Once they are taken out from Uttarakhand, their issue is resolved.

But the poor locals have to live in Uttarakhand. They have no home, no property, no job outside Uttarakhand. It appears that they are getting no attention at all.

The livelihood for most of the inhabitants is pilgrim tourism. Now Kedarnath and Badrinath are wiped off. Central tourism and Gujarat governments announced funds to bring back the old glory of Char dham. Till then people of this place have to suffer.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.