Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Better late than never, I say. I agree that he should have been tried for this long back, but at least the authorities have woken up to the fact that he must at least be tried! Close on the heels of Sanjay Dutta being incarcerated,Salman's case is at least seeing the light of the day. Now what punishment he will be sentenced with, that is yet to be seen.

I agree, but such a precedence make the population at large believe that once you are 'someone' in our society, even the law fears to touch them...

True...but that precedence has long been set in our country. :blink: We see so many celebrities, powerful politicians, industrialists etc. breaking rules and laws again and again and not one of them is ever prosecuted! So many politicians are hardened criminals but none are punished! so at this point, all we can say is thanks for at least taking initiative to start a trial of such celebrities

Of course we should thank the judiciary for taking a firm stand on this, even in Sanjay Dutts case....

Exactly!! It is a small step yet, but a significant one nonetheless!!

When such things happen people dont compare things to the western society, where everything goes fast track, even where celebrities are concerned - no one is spared ! We tend to blame the west for all evils but dont have the wisdom to look within ourselves see the glaring flaws !

No society is entirely free from flaws. May be less in some and rampant In other. Wisdom lies in accepting the good and discarding the bad be it from west or East.
We should consider judgements based on merits and not on accused belonging to certain class or society. Law should be equal and transparent.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Better late than never, I say. I agree that he should have been tried for this long back, but at least the authorities have woken up to the fact that he must at least be tried! Close on the heels of Sanjay Dutta being incarcerated,Salman's case is at least seeing the light of the day. Now what punishment he will be sentenced with, that is yet to be seen.

I agree, but such a precedence make the population at large believe that once you are 'someone' in our society, even the law fears to touch them...

True...but that precedence has long been set in our country. :blink: We see so many celebrities, powerful politicians, industrialists etc. breaking rules and laws again and again and not one of them is ever prosecuted! So many politicians are hardened criminals but none are punished! so at this point, all we can say is thanks for at least taking initiative to start a trial of such celebrities

Of course we should thank the judiciary for taking a firm stand on this, even in Sanjay Dutts case....

When such things happen people dont compare things to the western society, where everything goes fast track, even where celebrities are concerned - no one is spared ! We tend to blame the west for all evils but dont have the wisdom to look within ourselves see the glaring flaws !

No society is entirely free from flaws. May be less in some and rampant In other. Wisdom lies in accepting the good and discarding the bad be it from west or East.

Thats exactly my point, when we blame them for certain things we should also learn certain things which they are doing better than us...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True...that has become a general attitude, or shall I say more a habit of blaming west for everything bad that happens, but their good qualities we totally ignore! A case of selective memory !

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True...that has become a general attitude, or shall I say more a habit of blaming west for everything bad that happens, but their good qualities we totally ignore! A case of selective memory !

All said and done there is fairness in their system.There was a case where a youngster known to us was falsely accused of a petty crime and was sentenced but once the parents appealed, they reopened the case and called the witnesses and found that the identification was a mistake...The boy was set free and also paid for the troubles he underwent !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

All said and done there is fairness in their system.There was a case where a youngster known to us was falsely accused of a petty crime and was sentenced but once the parents appealed, they reopened the case and called the witnesses and found that the identification was a mistake...The boy was set free and also paid for the troubles he underwent !

Yes, that is a very commendable and admirable attribute of judicial system in west,. They actually live by the motto, never let an innocent be punished no matter what. Here, the opposite is true.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, that is a very commendable and admirable attribute of judicial system in west,. They actually live by the motto, never let an innocent be punished no matter what. Here, the opposite is true.

Other than the time and money spent while fighting a case ,one can never be sure how the judgment would come, even if you are innocent !

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Judgment is based on proofs not on facts. That’s why innocents who cannot prove their innocence are penalized and the criminals who are capable of creating proofs will roam scot-free. One need not wonder if Salman is proved innocent.
Judgment is based on proofs not on facts. That’s why innocents who cannot prove their innocence are penalized and the criminals who are capable of creating proofs will roam scot-free. One need not wonder if Salman is proved innocent.

Another fact is that with time the intesnsity of crime gets diluted and also Salman Kahan has enough money to buy out the witnesses...

Another fact is that with time the intesnsity of crime gets diluted and also Salman Kahan has enough money to buy out the witnesses...

That's what we are going to see in the last. The court dismisses the case with that famous 'stock phrase',"lack of evidence."
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.