Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have seen this happen many times when the local Indians get side lined and ignored in their own country and cities in preference to a foreigner. You go shopping at a tourist spot and a foreigner walks past the stall the salesmenwomen will royally ignore you and run after them. Is it only because they are economically stronger or is it a White fixation ? It is the same on airlines where the whites get better treatment than the rest of us...
Now a passenger flying to Melbourne has accused Air India of being discriminatory..
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/other-news/NRIs-rant-against-Air-India-crew-goes-viral/articleshow/22428035.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

This is true, the Indians get second preference to white skinned by Indians. In other countries people in the service sector do not discriminate at least do not make it obvious. I am sure with your wide traveling experiences you know it as much as I know. For Indians foreigners (especially white skinned) still rule over the world. They government sector services yet not possess business proficiency, that is why they are running in losses.

I agree ! This is something unique to Indian sub continent...Fair or white skin is somehow consideed superior with no apparent reason ..
The same age old colonial mind set, though still, here I had seen men prefer fairer ladies than darker skinned, for what so ever reason, this seems to be imbibed in the genes, might be what sunil gavaskar once told while commenting in ESPN in the famous monkey gate episode at Sydney when there is war of words between harbhajan and symonds. at that time gavaskar inside commentary box famously said we Indians think white is related with ladies, not gents that is why they are called fairer sex (ladies) in India.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: shadow
I have seen this happen many times when the local Indians get side lined and ignored in their own country and cities in preference to a foreigner. You go shopping at a tourist spot and a foreigner walks past the stall the salesmenwomen will royally ignore you and run after them. Is it only because they are economically stronger or is it a White fixation ? It is the same on airlines where the whites get better treatment than the rest of us...
Now a passenger flying to Melbourne has accused Air India of being discriminatory..
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/other-news/NRIs-rant-against-Air-India-crew-goes-viral/articleshow/22428035.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Yes they run after foreigner because they can cheat them easily. It is not possible to charge more than price from an Indian.

On the one hand they cheat them and when they get a chance they also rape them...How may foreign women have been raped here by our brutes, one loses count !

Yes cases of rape of foreign women increasing in these days. Indeed foreigner are captured by group of peoples called Lapko. They force them to shopping from specific showroom also to stay is hotel suggested by them. The Lapko is behind all crimes with foreigners.

Lapko?This the first time I am hearing this. Do these people really trap the innocent people this way? Are such people active only in your part of the place?

Lapaka- means one who will catch hold of you. Just enter the city and the 'lapaka' will corner you and accompany you to a hotel, handicraft shop, tourist places. The 'lapaka' is one working for hotels, handicraft shops, tourist guides. He is the first to approach a tourist at railway station or bus stand. This term is coined from the Hindi word 'lapakana'- which means quickly catching some thing. The lapakas quickly and smartly approach the tourists at the earliest. They get commission from hotels, handicraft shops, taxis, tourist buses.

I got it. This practice is more prevalent in the northern part of the country. They pester you . They will not leave you. Some times they threaten you . I experienced it.

Such people are every where in our country, including south (go to any tourist interest related city for instance Mysore in karnataka, Chennai in TN), such people (agents) will catch hold of you and will follow you unless they have you made to purchase/stay in their hotels/ etc. Some of them come as guides also and even pimps keep a close watch on tourists.

I live in one of the most visited tourist center in the South. I visited Kovalam, Kerala one of the best beaches in the world . Never i found Lapakas. The respective tourism departments of the states will not allow these pestering elements.

Yes they run after foreigner because they can cheat them easily. It is not possible to charge more than price from an Indian.

On the one hand they cheat them and when they get a chance they also rape them...How may foreign women have been raped here by our brutes, one loses count !

Yes cases of rape of foreign women increasing in these days. Indeed foreigner are captured by group of peoples called Lapko. They force them to shopping from specific showroom also to stay is hotel suggested by them. The Lapko is behind all crimes with foreigners.

Will you please give some more details about Lapko ? Just curious to know about this new set up.

What I understand from his description he is talking about people who follow foreign tourists to sell them their products, take them to their hotels, want them to ride their taxis, rikshaws for the sole purpose of making extra benefits. there are incidents in Rajasthan when foreign women have fallen for Indians while in their company. Even a Rikshaw puller has managed to marry a woman from US. But let us not forget that all tourists from other countries are not big moneyed people but they can survive here for months for their days' savings. I met a young man who was a sweeper back in his country but could spend six months in India with his 3 months savings.

That's some good explanation and incidents that you told. But still I would like to know the term Lapko. Is it a local dialect or should be taken in the sense of what you explained.

Abhijeet, "lapko" is a Hindi word which literally means to pounce on someone. Like in Marathi we say "kunavar tari tutun padne" I hope you got it now!

Ohhhhh.... So 'lapko' is used in that sense.... :laugh: :laugh: That's that... and now I know that..To woh unake upar lapakte hai.....
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Will you please give some more details about Lapko ? Just curious to know about this new set up.

What I understand from his description he is talking about people who follow foreign tourists to sell them their products, take them to their hotels, want them to ride their taxis, rikshaws for the sole purpose of making extra benefits. there are incidents in Rajasthan when foreign women have fallen for Indians while in their company. Even a Rikshaw puller has managed to marry a woman from US. But let us not forget that all tourists from other countries are not big moneyed people but they can survive here for months for their days' savings. I met a young man who was a sweeper back in his country but could spend six months in India with his 3 months savings.

That's some good explanation and incidents that you told. But still I would like to know the term Lapko. Is it a local dialect or should be taken in the sense of what you explained.

Abhijeet, "lapko" is a Hindi word which literally means to pounce on someone. Like in Marathi we say "kunavar tari tutun padne" I hope you got it now!

Ohhhhh.... So 'lapko' is used in that sense.... :laugh: :laugh: That's that... and now I know that..To woh unake upar lapakte hai.....

Its all the way fight for living... Everyone tries to lure someone who can get him work or business whether its white or black..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

Lapko?This the first time I am hearing this. Do these people really trap the innocent people this way? Are such people active only in your part of the place?

Lapko means group of unauthorized tourist guide. These are active at tourists places like Jaipur, Ajmer, Puskhar.

Situation at the ground level is exactly so! We are mentally enslaved on this count. A shame!!! I repeat a great great shame!!! Just think of it a white rapist would be more honorable than a saintly black or brown!!!! :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

Lapko means group of unauthorized tourist guide. These are active at tourists places like Jaipur, Ajmer, Puskhar.

Ok. Kalyani told me all the things about this and so now I know what you meant to say. Anyways, thanks for mentioning the places. Are such activities very strong in those areas?

Situation at the ground level is exactly so! We are mentally enslaved on this count. A shame!!! I repeat a great great shame!!! Just think of it a white rapist would be more honorable than a saintly black or brown!!!! :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

It is so and Indians never seem to learn or respect themselves.One wonders whether this is because of a lack of self confidence or plain slavish mentality which gets instiled in us due to our culture and upbringing ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is so and Indians never seem to learn or respect themselves.One wonders whether this is because of a lack of self confidence or plain slavish mentality which gets instiled in us due to our culture and upbringing ..

I am not sure what precisely makes one that crazy but here I would like to emphasize that any kind of prejudice against 'White' should not be promoted. The point is that we can afford to be 'color' blind in judging people as truly as they are!!! B) B) B)
Nothing against whites but Indians have yet to come out of their mental stage which takes them back to pre independence era. For Indians, whites are still the rulers who posses extra ordinary powers.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.