Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have seen this happen many times when the local Indians get side lined and ignored in their own country and cities in preference to a foreigner. You go shopping at a tourist spot and a foreigner walks past the stall the salesmenwomen will royally ignore you and run after them. Is it only because they are economically stronger or is it a White fixation ? It is the same on airlines where the whites get better treatment than the rest of us...
Now a passenger flying to Melbourne has accused Air India of being discriminatory..
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/other-news/NRIs-rant-against-Air-India-crew-goes-viral/articleshow/22428035.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Yes they run after foreigner because they can cheat them easily. It is not possible to charge more than price from an Indian.

On the one hand they cheat them and when they get a chance they also rape them...How may foreign women have been raped here by our brutes, one loses count !

Because Business is business... They are going to get good business from them so they try to allure them.... they give them importance... :) :)

Happens only in our country and largely because of the mindset...It is also because they know that unlike Indians who bargain, they would not do so at least to that extent and will pay more for the same stuff...

Well thats the truth and this is how we are... We always give importance to people with more wealth and who can help ur in getting profit.. We are like that...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
I have seen this happen many times when the local Indians get side lined and ignored in their own country and cities in preference to a foreigner. You go shopping at a tourist spot and a foreigner walks past the stall the salesmenwomen will royally ignore you and run after them. Is it only because they are economically stronger or is it a White fixation ? It is the same on airlines where the whites get better treatment than the rest of us...
Now a passenger flying to Melbourne has accused Air India of being discriminatory..
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/other-news/NRIs-rant-against-Air-India-crew-goes-viral/articleshow/22428035.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

This is true, the Indians get second preference to white skinned by Indians. In other countries people in the service sector do not discriminate at least do not make it obvious. I am sure with your wide traveling experiences you know it as much as I know. For Indians foreigners (especially white skinned) still rule over the world. They government sector services yet not possess business proficiency, that is why they are running in losses.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The fascination for white skin dates back to mythological era. In many of the old classics of India you will find this "White" preference in the description of both male and female characters. You can see Lakshmi and many goddesses are being described as "Sweta varnam Deha Chaya" ( White colored skin). Its not all. Even male characters are described in a similar manner.
And what about "Fair and white skin" promises in the relentless Ad campaigns? This craze for white skin is there in the blood of Indians since time immemorial.
The fascination for white skin dates back to mythological era. In many of the old classics of India you will find this "White" preference in the description of both male and female characters. You can see Lakshmi and many goddesses are being described as "Sweta varnam Deha Chaya" ( White colored skin). Its not all. Even male characters are described in a similar manner.
And what about "Fair and white skin" promises in the relentless Ad campaigns? This craze for white skin is there in the blood of Indians since time immemorial.

We have a fascination for fair skin. This is okay. But when this is linked with white race or Europeans, the real issue begins.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

We have a fascination for fair skin. This is okay. But when this is linked with white race or Europeans, the real issue begins.

That's the origin from where it branched in to several other mad fascinations.
I agree. There is till a slavish attitude to whites. There could be other causes also.

I guess it is because most of the European countries are economically more powerful that we are, I wonder if there is any other reason for this...
White fixation might be there, but in my town, it is completely negative, may be there is less stress of Odisha during British rules and they have failed to put anyh such impact as compare to Kolkatta, Chennai and Mumbai, secondly, shop keepers used to sell them and ignoring local visitors for two reasons, one is for getting high benefit for products, In airlines, which you have written about might be there, but first it is to be known that whether whites are going in economy of deluxe class as there are different treatment to these visitors.

http://mohanmekap.com/

There are many fairness products which are costlier and have been utilizing this weakness of white fixation in order for a complete innovative marketing. Some years back one soap fair glow advertised that one can be fairer within a month after use, it sold in rapid numbers and then after some months the reality is there, as it is a marketing gimmick and now the product vanished from the market.

http://mohanmekap.com/

There are many fairness products which are costlier and have been utilizing this weakness of white fixation in order for a complete innovative marketing. Some years back one soap fair glow advertised that one can be fairer within a month after use, it sold in rapid numbers and then after some months the reality is there, as it is a marketing gimmick and now the product vanished from the market.

This is fault of people if they believe in such gimmicks because every one knows that complexion of color cannot be changed with use of creams or soaps. There are rules and regulations in place against unethical practice of business advertisement. If anyone finds such misleading advertising, he can move consumer courts.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is true, the Indians get second preference to white skinned by Indians. In other countries people in the service sector do not discriminate at least do not make it obvious. I am sure with your wide traveling experiences you know it as much as I know. For Indians foreigners (especially white skinned) still rule over the world. They government sector services yet not possess business proficiency, that is why they are running in losses.

I agree ! This is something unique to Indian sub continent...Fair or white skin is somehow consideed superior with no apparent reason ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I don’t see why I should disagree with you. There is a very popular place just about 8 kms from here- my place where are almost daily people who have come from the US. They are mainly the US residents who have heard a lot of this place. There had been a baba here and the place got famous due to that. But what I want to say is that here too many people run after them a lot than looking after local people.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.