Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
To add to it is the mindset. If there is a will to do something rather than just keeping lying on the bed lazily, then somethign constructive can happen. Yes, the upbringing plays an important role. But the will should be there and should come from within.

Simply put, "Will to win".

Will to win and do enough to keep fit, eat according to your needs and never feel you are getting old. I must say you are as old as you think you are. Keeping busy helps, I am working for 16 hours a day without feeling tired.

Yes Sunil. I'm aware of your mode of working. As you said "Keeping busy" has two advantages. One is it will prevent you from having unnecessary thoughts from entering your mind. Second is your knowledge base widens. Equipped with these two weapons, a person can drive away the age.

We have some people in our area who are now retired and are spending a lazy life. What surprises is that some of them have designing abilities in 2-3 fields. Still they while around their time. This also makes them complain that their head is aching or there is trouble in their knees. They always keep complaining about body aches too. I am sure those who are busy, don't have these problems.[/quote]

Occupying yourself with an activity of your liking will make you care least about the trivialities.[/quote]

And i have written a full length article after posting my comment here in the morning. EXACT Reflection of what you have said. Just your thoughts and it took me about 2+ hours to type those 2200 words.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

To add to it is the mindset. If there is a will to do something rather than just keeping lying on the bed lazily, then somethign constructive can happen. Yes, the upbringing plays an important role. But the will should be there and should come from within.

Will to win and do enough to keep fit, eat according to your needs and never feel you are getting old. I must say you are as old as you think you are. Keeping busy helps, I am working for 16 hours a day without feeling tired.

Yes Sunil. I'm aware of your mode of working. As you said "Keeping busy" has two advantages. One is it will prevent you from having unnecessary thoughts from entering your mind. Second is your knowledge base widens. Equipped with these two weapons, a person can drive away the age.

We have some people in our area who are now retired and are spending a lazy life. What surprises is that some of them have designing abilities in 2-3 fields. Still they while around their time. This also makes them complain that their head is aching or there is trouble in their knees. They always keep complaining about body aches too. I am sure those who are busy, don't have these problems.

Occupying yourself with an activity of your liking will make you care least about the trivialities.[/quote]

And i have written a full length article after posting my comment here in the morning. EXACT Reflection of what you have said. Just your thoughts and it took me about 2+ hours to type those 2200 words.[/quote]

That's a commendable job. Any job that you hold close to your heart can mesmerize you. You will be oblivious of your surroundings.

We have some people in our area who are now retired and are spending a lazy life. What surprises is that some of them have designing abilities in 2-3 fields. Still they while around their time. This also makes them complain that their head is aching or there is trouble in their knees. They always keep complaining about body aches too. I am sure those who are busy, don't have these problems.

And i have written a full length article after posting my comment here in the morning. EXACT Reflection of what you have said. Just your thoughts and it took me about 2+ hours to type those 2200 words.[/quote]
That's good. Great job. I guess you have posted the article on this site itself. So, we will get to read in a few days what you all wrote about in that short time.

Occupying yourself with an activity of your liking will make you care least about the trivialities.

That's good. Great job. I guess you have posted the article on this site itself. So, we will get to read in a few days what you all wrote about in that short time.[/quote]

I hope so, if the editor found it worth publishing. But yes it was a hectic day for me because I settled another important offline assignment today which took 4 hours.

Last year we had gone to Goa for a holiday and we used to go for a walk / jog early in the morning on the beach where we used to see an elderly European couple who were no less than at least 70 years of age jogging and exercising .The way they worked out was amazing ! I got talking to them later , and you felt so refreshed because they were very knowledgeable and had visited many many places and learnt about ifferent cultures and so on. Even my children loved interacting with them since they were able to speak on varied subjects...does age matter at all when it is the personality and attitude of a person that really counts ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal
Last year we had gone to Goa for a holiday and we used to go for a walk / jog early in the morning on the beach where we used to see an elderly European couple who were no less than at least 70 years of age jogging and exercising .The way they worked out was amazing ! I got talking to them later , and you felt so refreshed because they were very knowledgeable and had visited many many places and learnt about ifferent cultures and so on. Even my children loved interacting with them since they were able to speak on varied subjects...does age matter at all when it is the personality and attitude of a person that really counts ?

That's a great example. I have seen some elderly foreigners like you in our area as well, who are indeed very fit. When I look at them, I wonder will I even live up to that age! I loved speaking to them as well as they were here for visiting an ashram and looked totally spiritual in nature.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

That's a great example. I have seen some elderly foreigners like you in our area as well, who are indeed very fit. When I look at them, I wonder will I even live up to that age! I loved speaking to them as well as they were here for visiting an ashram and looked totally spiritual in nature.

I would love to hear about their age whom you met. I am sure the foreigners you met were over 80. generally the retirement age is 70 in most developed countries and in Japan there is no fixed age for retirement as they can go on work as long as they wish or health permitting. People do not sit idle even after that age but remain as active as possible.

I would love to hear about their age whom you met. I am sure the foreigners you met were over 80. generally the retirement age is 70 in most developed countries and in Japan there is no fixed age for retirement as they can go on work as long as they wish or health permitting. People do not sit idle even after that age but remain as active as possible.

Well, above 70, yes, though not 80. But most of them were above 75. And they didn't look their age, to be honest. And for me this is the first time to hear that the retirement age in developed countries is 70 years. Probably they have less population than us, that oculd be the reason.

Well, above 70, yes, though not 80. But most of them were above 75. And they didn't look their age, to be honest. And for me this is the first time to hear that the retirement age in developed countries is 70 years. Probably they have less population than us, that oculd be the reason.

fact is, they need very few people for government jobs but most work is in private sector where personal health plays crucial role. In developed countries only policing, army, health and taxes are in government sector. People want to live a healthy life here because no one but they themselves are to look after them. Most people do not have children and yes population is very less here. The population of Australia is only 1 crore 90 lacs which is 5 times bigger than India in area.

fact is, they need very few people for government jobs but most work is in private sector where personal health plays crucial role. In developed countries only policing, army, health and taxes are in government sector. People want to live a healthy life here because no one but they themselves are to look after them. Most people do not have children and yes population is very less here. The population of Australia is only 1 crore 90 lacs which is 5 times bigger than India in area.

I thought that population might be playing an importnat role and you said as I thought. India is nowhere near as compared to what you said here.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.