Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Owing to the rising levels of life expectancy and high standards of life style,persons are no longer feeling middle aged at 40, according to a new UK survey.
Seeing the Indian Tennis ace Leander Paes winning his 14 th grand slam at the age of 40 in the recently held US open further proves it.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/middle-age-now-starts-at-53-/1161334/
Being old appears to be a state of mind rather that a specific age, as the survey among Britons said they do not believe in middle ages.

Age is individual specific and one is as young or as old as he or she feels....Slotting people because of age looks stupid since it is upto the person concerned to do so...As long as there is mutual respect between individuals age is not an issue at all !

Exactly, there is no specified age to classify 'middle age' one can find himself old at 40 while others are young (not even middle aged) at 60, it purely is state of mind and the way one maintained himself, financial position and social status also play a big role in this case..

There is a general feeling especially in Indians, " This is not my cup of tea. This is for youngsters ". This feeling makes all the difference. One who erases this self defeating thought will never become old.

Most people esp in 20-40 age group consider people above 40 as 'old' but when they themselves reach in that age group come to know, how wrong were they! Some of them will never know the difference because they never were young themselves, at no age, not at all.

And don't forget to add those who are born old. They will not do and they won't allow others to do. Their catch word is, " What the hell you are doing. Chhote Bachchon ke tarah ?"
Owing to the rising levels of life expectancy and high standards of life style,persons are no longer feeling middle aged at 40, according to a new UK survey.
Seeing the Indian Tennis ace Leander Paes winning his 14 th grand slam at the age of 40 in the recently held US open further proves it.

Being old appears to be a state of mind rather that a specific age, as the survey among Britons said they do not believe in middle ages.

Age is individual specific and one is as young or as old as he or she feels....Slotting people because of age looks stupid since it is upto the person concerned to do so...As long as there is mutual respect between individuals age is not an issue at all !

Exactly, there is no specified age to classify 'middle age' one can find himself old at 40 while others are young (not even middle aged) at 60, it purely is state of mind and the way one maintained himself, financial position and social status also play a big role in this case..

There is a general feeling especially in Indians, " This is not my cup of tea. This is for youngsters ". This feeling makes all the difference. One who erases this self defeating thought will never become old.

Most people esp in 20-40 age group consider people above 40 as 'old' but when they themselves reach in that age group come to know, how wrong were they! Some of them will never know the difference because they never were young themselves, at no age, not at all.

And don't forget to add those who are born old. They will not do and they won't allow others to do. Their catch word is, " What the hell you are doing. Chhote Bachchon ke tarah ?"

But I have covered them when I say "they were never young, at no age"

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I just quoted such people's mentality and their mental frame.

You know, I am basically from a state where such people ( OLD) are very rare. People generally remain young until they breath their last.

You know, I am basically from a state where such people ( OLD) are very rare. People generally remain young until they breath their last.

That's the reason for your young looks and thinking. (You said this while we were in the other website.) When there is an atmosphere all around oozing youth, you too will become young.

That's the reason for your young looks and thinking. (You said this while we were in the other website.) When there is an atmosphere all around oozing youth, you too will become young.

And when I see people here in Australia, I feel as if we have to learn even more. They look young even at 90 and act like one aged 20, in all respects.

And when I see people here in Australia, I feel as if we have to learn even more. They look young even at 90 and act like one aged 20, in all respects.

Yes I have been hearing and seeing about their grand feats. One of the reality show in India is exclusively for the dancing competitions for Moms. Seeing them performing with such agility makes my jaw drop.
I have an online friend from UK who is 72 years old and according to her, she now feels some aches and grinds which grudgingly make her feel middle aged LOL....so I was telling her why should she slot herself at all? just go on with life taking aches and grinds as part and parcel of it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have an online friend from UK who is 72 years old and according to her, she now feels some aches and grinds which grudgingly make her feel middle aged LOL....so I was telling her why should she slot herself at all? just go on with life taking aches and grinds as part and parcel of it !

Very few live beyond ninety years. If we consider ninety years as full human age, forty five is middle point and may be middle age begins there.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Very few live beyond ninety years. If we consider ninety years as full human age, forty five is middle point and may be middle age begins there.

That's right mathematically. But I still don't feel that middle age might being from 50+. That means one should on an average live at least 100 years, which isn't the case on many many times.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.