The new Congress government in Karnataka is going what it calls the sangh parivar way...They have issued a notice to all the employees to drape themselves properly in sarees and salwar kameezes that are loose and no more jeans or designer blouses that show more and cover less. But one wonders what aout the midriff and the exposed back? :huh: here is the link to the news item..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bangalore/No-designer-blouses-jeans-for-women-employees-in-Karnataka-State-govt/articleshow/22592136.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That's something worth appreciating in a world of fashion. I don't see anything wrong in that as well-dressed people indeed look attractive and handsome. Morever, it is easier to work when the dressing is proper as it doesn't interfere in the movements.
That's something worth appreciating in a world of fashion. I don't see anything wrong in that as well-dressed people indeed look attractive and handsome. Morever, it is easier to work when the dressing is proper as it doesn't interfere in the movements.

Of course there are two sides to an issue - one can have a uniform or a dress code which as yoi say brings in discipline in work places...I am all for it since there will not be another reason to get distracted.As t is very less work gets done in government offices so we will have to wait and see if it is going to increase efficinecy or is it just moral policing ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Of course there are two sides to an issue - one can have a uniform or a dress code which as yoi say brings in discipline in work places...I am all for it since there will not be another reason to get distracted.As t is very less work gets done in government offices so we will have to wait and see if it is going to increase efficinecy or is it just moral policing ...

That's right. Only time will tell if the efficiency increases or not. But I am sure it will at least increase the moral value. I think, a little bit of purpose will be solved.
A general ban on a dress and dress code or uniform at work place differ. A public office must maintain decorum. Jeans and sports shoes and some other items are casual dress not suiting an office. But I don't understand why Dhoti Kurta for gents is not an approved dress in office.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

A general ban on a dress and dress code or uniform at work place differ. A public office must maintain decorum. Jeans and sports shoes and some other items are casual dress not suiting an office. But I don't understand why Dhoti Kurta for gents is not an approved dress in office.

Though in my opinion the dhoti and kurta would not look okay, (that's my personal opinion as I said) they should at least maintain a dress code that looks something to speak about. Casuals are strict a no-no.
Dhoti and Kurta is the most comfortable wear, sometimes, it is nice to revert back to past and implement in life styles, it is always appreciated.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Dhoti and Kurta is the most comfortable wear, sometimes, it is nice to revert back to past and implement in life styles, it is always appreciated.

Personally I don't wear Dhoti Kurta or Kurta pyajama. I always wear Pant and shirt. But I understand Dhoti Kurta is also a popular dress in India. That is why I feel that this should be among permitted ones.

That's right. Only time will tell if the efficiency increases or not. But I am sure it will at least increase the moral value. I think, a little bit of purpose will be solved.

Well i don't thing so.. Moral values comes from inside... If office dress sense is better it won't impact anything.. Those who are working properly are going to do it anyway and the one's looking for stuff of their interest ad going to find it.. so its our individual thought only... :) :)

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Men can wear what they like because they have nothing to expose therefore no dress code for them. Besides, as I said earlier also one needs to hide their wealth, men have nothing to be stolen off. :laugh: :laugh:

On a serious note, they can have a dress code for every one to make it look sober and uniform.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Men can wear what they like because they have nothing to expose therefore no dress code for them. Besides, as I said earlier also one needs to hide their wealth, men have nothing to be stolen off. :laugh: :laugh:

On a serious note, they can have a dress code for every one to make it look sober and uniform.[/quote

Men also cannot go to work place in birthday suit or underwear only. I agree that there should be dress code.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.