Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Two factors needs to be considered here, reducing age is a correct step when some one involve in heinous crime, and destroying one's sanity and integrity, it is not about age, may be 70 or 16 all have done the same crime, so it should no longer be juvenile, second, some times, these juveniles hide in between their ages and many a times they are in their twenties still they show their age as under 18. There should be a definite age detection law.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is high time these rules are brought into effect. There is a big need to do that. In fact, it is the need of the hour. I guess, only in the rape cases, the age above 16 years should be considered as adults or mature. This can bring in more strict action against the accused.

It is law of that time when a person of 18 didn't know about meaning marriage of personal relation between husband and wife. At present a young of 15 years know all thing about sex and rape. This rule is outdated.

The fact is a minor in age range 8-10 begins to learn such matters out of curiosity and with surroundings, with electronic media 'educating' younger minds encouraging newer experiments. A TV news yesterday, showed minors raped a minor girl. Now, it is necessary to punish them accordingly.

I remember a joke, where two young boys - not even teenagers - are talking about marriage and sex. One of them says, I know how children are born (and where they come from). The other retorts, I know what to do to take care that children aren't born in the first place.
This might seem a lighthearted comment, but that's pretty true in today's age.
At last the government of India is thinking of bringing in some refoms in the juvenile laws ...The question is will the Nirbhaya rapist and murderer get away because of this delay. In fact, according to reports the so called fast track courts have only caused more delays in the proceedings and something could have been done earlier so that the criminal did not get off so easily..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Juveniles-involved-in-murder-rape-may-be-tried-as-adults/articleshow/22825155.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Probably this case prompted them to make changes in this law. I think with Indian standards they have acted fast enough.

Nirbhaya case has made the law makers and law enforcing authorities sit and think. Now they have woke up to the reality and felt the immediate need to revamp the obsolete acts. Whatever may be the outcome, I'm glad a beginning has been done.
At last the government of India is thinking of bringing in some refoms in the juvenile laws ...The question is will the Nirbhaya rapist and murderer get away because of this delay. In fact, according to reports the so called fast track courts have only caused more delays in the proceedings and something could have been done earlier so that the criminal did not get off so easily..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Juveniles-involved-in-murder-rape-may-be-tried-as-adults/articleshow/22825155.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Probably this case prompted them to make changes in this law. I think with Indian standards they have acted fast enough.

Nirbhaya case has made the law makers and law enforcing authorities sit and think. Now they have woke up to the reality and felt the immediate need to revamp the obsolete acts. Whatever may be the outcome, I'm glad a beginning has been done.

But what we fail to understand is that you always miss a point. There has always to be a margin- be this age or place. Now what they will do. Reduce the age to sixteen years. Then what if one aged 15 years and nine months commits a serious crime. Then you will say reduce the age to fourteen years. Ultimately I don't know where this will lead to. The tendency to take adhoc decisions out of emotional outbursts will definitely create confusion and chaos.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

But what we fail to understand is that you always miss a point. There has always to be a margin- be this age or place. Now what they will do. Reduce the age to sixteen years. Then what if one aged 15 years and nine months commits a serious crime. Then you will say reduce the age to fourteen years. Ultimately I don't know where this will lead to. The tendency to take adhoc decisions out of emotional outbursts will definitely create confusion and chaos.

When they make laws they need to have provisions wherein the punishment given depends not on the age but on the gravity of the crime ...Other countries have it so why not us ? otherwise we will be going round in circles ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is high time these rules are brought into effect. There is a big need to do that. In fact, it is the need of the hour. I guess, only in the rape cases, the age above 16 years should be considered as adults or mature. This can bring in more strict action against the accused.

It is law of that time when a person of 18 didn't know about meaning marriage of personal relation between husband and wife. At present a young of 15 years know all thing about sex and rape. This rule is outdated.

The fact is a minor in age range 8-10 begins to learn such matters out of curiosity and with surroundings, with electronic media 'educating' younger minds encouraging newer experiments. A TV news yesterday, showed minors raped a minor girl. Now, it is necessary to punish them accordingly.

It is my opinion that every law should be reconsider after some years. In India, if some one first time trapped for speculation (Satta) and he accept in court than punishment is only 100Rs. What is value of 100 Rs. at this time
We shall have to rewrite our rule-book to suite our current needs. MOST Rules written more than 6 decades back have lost their value, especially as lawmakers are not sticking to rules themselves. We need straight forward rules without involving judiciary in complicated by-laws. That only provides benefits to mediators.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

We shall have to rewrite our rule-book to suite our current needs. MOST Rules written more than 6 decades back have lost their value, especially as lawmakers are not sticking to rules themselves. We need straight forward rules without involving judiciary in complicated by-laws. That only provides benefits to mediators.

"Rule Book"? Do you mean to say the constitution of India? If that's that, then I think there have been a lot of amendments to it. And this one is going to be the most revolutionary - changing the juvenile age from 18 to 16.

"Rule Book"? Do you mean to say the constitution of India? If that's that, then I think there have been a lot of amendments to it. And this one is going to be the most revolutionary - changing the juvenile age from 18 to 16.

Yes that's right, we need a new rule book. Amendments make things only complicated. A clear set of rules, no bylaws.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes that's right, we need a new rule book. Amendments make things only complicated. A clear set of rules, no bylaws.

That would be really impossible to think on those lines practically. An bylaws will be there. It would be hard to define things without the help of bylaws. And consitution is also a rule book, isn't it?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.