Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Still, I am not convinced both India and China could control the world, as they are both situated amidst hostile neighbors and recently US is interfering with the island issues of China with Japan.

Not sure about India the way we throw away money on baseless public schemes, but China can definitely control the world. The rest of the world has failed where China has taken control, pick up anything, from a small safety pin to a sophisticated circuit board or a computer chip (do this anywhere in the world) and you will see that it is made in China! In India, production of many things has completely stopped because their cheaper and usually better looking substitutes are already available in the market. While most of our industries are either ailing or dying, theirs are flourishing! So no reason to doubt this fact!

The Chinese progress is a living fact and the speed of which has been breath-taking but one has to note two completely different political systems that these two respective nations are having. While Indian democratic system is proving to be a big hindrance, the Chinese totalitarian one has helped it tremendously yet the big question still hangs which is how long??
I have been there and seen some real progress, on the other hand, I have seen apathy of people also, no country can develop on the pain of its citizens which are mostly not visible due to dictatorship, it is the sense of liberty which make one feel powered by sense of achievement, otherwise everything would not be so good as it is shown to be.

That's is precisely the problem China has been facing and political analysts all over the world are worried about this aspect of Chinese success story. China has been suppressing dissent with brutally oppressive means and nobody knows when this silent suppressed and oppressed would choose to act!!

I read an article some time back on how China manages to win so many gold medals in the major sports event across the world. There too, they use really oppressive and brutal methods on young children to make them fit and excel in their respective events. The young children from very early on are even separated from their families and are driven to work hard in grueling conditions so much that outside their normal routine, they lack confidence or any kind of social skills in a normal society! This is only the tip of the iceberg, so much more we are unaware of! And it is bound to unravel one day with a violent explosion!

I think there is avideo which shows how the parents out pressure on small children in China and personally I feel it is cruel to do that. Winning is not everything in life especially when it is done through force and China is doing just that.They want to be the best in the world and will use any method to do that....

even the Chinese mothers are no different, they are called Tiger Moms in US. The mothers stress totally on their children learning STEM, ie, Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. They make the children study so hard and insist that they excel in each of these subjects with 100% marks, not even 99% is satisfactory for them. They are so obsessed with studies that they do not allow their children to participate in normal kiddy activities such as playing, having friends, participating in extra curricular activities etc. It is only studies for them, the poor kids must be so stressed out! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Still, I am not convinced both India and China could control the world, as they are both situated amidst hostile neighbors and recently US is interfering with the island issues of China with Japan.

Not sure about India the way we throw away money on baseless public schemes, but China can definitely control the world. The rest of the world has failed where China has taken control, pick up anything, from a small safety pin to a sophisticated circuit board or a computer chip (do this anywhere in the world) and you will see that it is made in China! In India, production of many things has completely stopped because their cheaper and usually better looking substitutes are already available in the market. While most of our industries are either ailing or dying, theirs are flourishing! So no reason to doubt this fact!

The Chinese progress is a living fact and the speed of which has been breath-taking but one has to note two completely different political systems that these two respective nations are having. While Indian democratic system is proving to be a big hindrance, the Chinese totalitarian one has helped it tremendously yet the big question still hangs which is how long??
I have been there and seen some real progress, on the other hand, I have seen apathy of people also, no country can develop on the pain of its citizens which are mostly not visible due to dictatorship, it is the sense of liberty which make one feel powered by sense of achievement, otherwise everything would not be so good as it is shown to be.

That's is precisely the problem China has been facing and political analysts all over the world are worried about this aspect of Chinese success story. China has been suppressing dissent with brutally oppressive means and nobody knows when this silent suppressed and oppressed would choose to act!!

I read an article some time back on how China manages to win so many gold medals in the major sports event across the world. There too, they use really oppressive and brutal methods on young children to make them fit and excel in their respective events. The young children from very early on are even separated from their families and are driven to work hard in grueling conditions so much that outside their normal routine, they lack confidence or any kind of social skills in a normal society! This is only the tip of the iceberg, so much more we are unaware of! And it is bound to unravel one day with a violent explosion!

I think there is avideo which shows how the parents out pressure on small children in China and personally I feel it is cruel to do that. Winning is not everything in life especially when it is done through force and China is doing just that.They want to be the best in the world and will use any method to do that....

even the Chinese mothers are no different, they are called Tiger Moms in US. The mothers stress totally on their children learning STEM, ie, Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. They make the children study so hard and insist that they excel in each of these subjects with 100% marks, not even 99% is satisfactory for them. They are so obsessed with studies that they do not allow their children to participate in normal kiddy activities such as playing, having friends, participating in extra curricular activities etc. It is only studies for them, the poor kids must be so stressed out! :blink:

It is not only China, Japan too is notorious for such a cruel dispensation for the kids and the result has been more cruel. Many students commit suicides as a result. I think India will join this league very soon!! There is no room for failures in the schemes of many Indian parents - you live with success or die with failures - we may be your parents but we can't be parents of failed children!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I read an article some time back on how China manages to win so many gold medals in the major sports event across the world. There too, they use really oppressive and brutal methods on young children to make them fit and excel in their respective events. The
young children from very early on are even separated from their families and are driven to work hard in grueling conditions so much that outside their normal routine, they lack confidence or any kind of social skills in a normal society! This is only the tip of the iceberg, so much more we are unaware of! And it is bound to unravel one day with a violent explosion!

It is not only China, Japan too is notorious for such a cruel dispensation for the kids and the result has been more cruel. Many students commit suicides as a result. I think India will join this league very soon!! There is no room for failures in the schemes of many Indian parents - you live with success or die with failures - we may be your parents but we can't be parents of failed children!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I know many people who love their children irrespective of their performance in studies and career. They keep motivating them and give them good advices. They also help them in need. Father bought a cycle for his son. His son failed in exams. Love has nothing to do with such things.

I am really surprised that at least in Asia where family values, love, caring etc. etc. are much coveted, the parents should be so cruel and unkind towards their children! What makes these people go on the way they do?? :blink:

It already is on its way....I see parents putting too much pressure on their children these days and I keep telling my own students to concentrate on other things that interests them and many parents are opposed to this and have complained openly to the principal agianst me saying I am not serious about studies :huh: ...Now what can I say to that ? When I see a student good at something like debating or essay writing or even indoor games I try and encourage them only to get such reactions ! That apart, we see the way the coaching classes are crammed until 10 at night leaving children little time for any other activity .Their childhood is simply being wasted away ! .. In emulating China we must know where and when to draw the line !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It already is on its way....I see parents putting too much pressure on their children these days and I keep telling my own students to concentrate on other things that interests them and many parents are opposed to this and have complained openly to the principal agianst me saying I am not serious about studies :huh: ...Now what can I say to that ? When I see a student good at something like debating or essay writing or even indoor games I try and encourage them only to get such reactions ! That apart, we see the way the coaching classes are crammed until 10 at night leaving children little time for any other activity .Their childhood is simply being wasted away ! .. In emulating China we must know where and when to draw the line !

That's the way things are at the moment!! What is worse is that unlike in the past when one-child norm was not there, the parents enjoyed a little bit of leverage and now if the only son or daughter crumbles under inhuman pressure what happens to that family, God knows!!! :silly: :silly: :silly:

That's the way things are at the moment!! What is worse is that unlike in the past when one-child norm was not there, the parents enjoyed a little bit of leverage and now if the only son or daughter crumbles under inhuman pressure what happens to that family, God knows!!! :silly: :silly: :silly:

Friends?? Do you all think that this existed in 4500 BCE in China? I wonder. :ohmy:

Friends?? Do you all think that this existed in 4500 BCE in China? I wonder. :ohmy:

Absolutely not!! In 4500 BC, China and even in India people were more closer to nature and probably did not wield so much pressure on children then!

What else has been unearthed from this excavations? What was the total budget of this excavations?
What else has been unearthed from this excavations? What was the total budget of this excavations?

I can assure you that it will take very very long for us to find out these details about the excavation since the Chinese are known to be quite tight lipped about everything they do!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.