Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is what is called protocol in al gvernment deoartments which is nothing but a hinderance to all lower officers and government serbvants since they cannot move an inch before their seniormost does...Indians are good at holding on to such useless hangovers from British days which they have left and moved on ! I guess the top leaders and officers get pleasure out of this - watching the juniors waiting on them and suffering in silence !!

In that respect we are still under the spell of slavery. When I addressed my senior officer as Mr.....my colleague reprimanded me, How dare you are. You addressed the senior officer without the suffix "Sir."
Every schedule of work is transparent as most of schedules are available on PM O's twitter account and some screenshots of meeting with different heads also available there.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Modi envisages a work culture where things are done in a fixed time frame with transparency. The old practice of Sitting on the issues for days on end should be wiped off.
Father of nation believes in punctuality and that is why a clock is always with him to see time. There are many good things by staying punctual.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Punctuality and Time sense are universally accepted virtues.
“He who gains time gains everything.” – Benjamin Disraeli
Modi is bringing in more measures now - no new cars for ministers since it had become a trend under the UPA government for ministers to get luxury cars for themselves at tax payers expense the moment they become ministers,,,Also hereafter any expenditure incured by the ministers and concerned depts for more than one lakh shd be provided with proper records

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/narendra-modi-s-new-austerity-drive-no-new-cars-for-nda-ministers_942839.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Modi is bringing in more measures now - no new cars for ministers since it had become a trend under the UPA government for ministers to get luxury cars for themselves at tax payers expense the moment they become ministers,,,Also hereafter any expenditure incured by the ministers and concerned depts for more than one lakh shd be provided with proper records

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/narendra-modi-s-new-austerity-drive-no-new-cars-for-nda-ministers_942839.html

Yes just now i happened to read the news about his austerity measures.
There is what is called protocol in al gvernment deoartments which is nothing but a hinderance to all lower officers and government serbvants since they cannot move an inch before their seniormost does...Indians are good at holding on to such useless hangovers from British days which they have left and moved on ! I guess the top leaders and officers get pleasure out of this - watching the juniors waiting on them and suffering in silence !!

I fully agree with you on this. I have witnessed many times MD's from the IAS cadre keeping people who have taken appointments waiting for no reason but to show them their "power". An IAS officer in Delhi once kept me waiting for nearly four hours after giving me an appointment. I became friendly with the peon and asked him what is the guy doing inside, no one has gone in. After sometime he opened up and said he is showing his importance to you - most of the time he is smoking cigars. Finally the peon told me you go in - do not wait for his call. When I entered he was facing the wall behind him and puffing his cigar. He was surprised but attended to me. While leaving I asked him why he made me wait so long. He just looked beyond me. I have seen my own company MD's do this to visitors. Attitudes need to change. Can Modi do it - let us wait and watch.
There is what is called protocol in al gvernment deoartments which is nothing but a hinderance to all lower officers and government serbvants since they cannot move an inch before their seniormost does...Indians are good at holding on to such useless hangovers from British days which they have left and moved on ! I guess the top leaders and officers get pleasure out of this - watching the juniors waiting on them and suffering in silence !![/quote

Its the fear of losing importance. To some extent people are also responsible for this syndrome. If an honest officer makes himself available to the people, We simply say, "This man it seems doesn't have any worth doing."

I fully agree with you on this. I have witnessed many times MD's from the IAS cadre keeping people who have taken appointments waiting for no reason but to show them their "power". An IAS officer in Delhi once kept me waiting for nearly four hours after giving me an appointment. I became friendly with the peon and asked him what is the guy doing inside, no one has gone in. After sometime he opened up and said he is showing his importance to you - most of the time he is smoking cigars. Finally the peon told me you go in - do not wait for his call. When I entered he was facing the wall behind him and puffing his cigar. He was surprised but attended to me. While leaving I asked him why he made me wait so long. He just looked beyond me. I have seen my own company MD's do this to visitors. Attitudes need to change. Can Modi do it - let us wait and watch.

This happens in almost all government offices where this is the only way the officers can show their superiority since we hardly see them doing actual work. This is either the way to make people more submissive towards their authority or simply a way to make the needy cough up money, probably a way of getting bribes without actually asking! :dry: :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.