Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am not big fan of Kishore Kumar's songs but I like most his comic films, and the peculiar musical tones in his songs.

That's yodeling , a speciality of Kishore Kumar .

For me any day I like Kishore Kumar's voice more than his acting. I feel his brother Ashok Kumar had better acting skills. Of course we can't compare both of them though.[/quote

Ashok Kumar is an actor par excellence. Kishore is basically an actor cum singer. Kishore is blessed with more than one talents under his kitty.

Ashok kumar is class apart...Kishore is popular because of his prowess in both singing and acting.

Kishore is a screenplay writer, lyricist and a Music director also.
I had heard about him that he is a popular singer. But didnt heared any songs. Since i dont know hindi.
I had heard about him that he is a popular singer. But didnt heared any songs. Since i dont know hindi.

Music has no language. Even if you don't understand Hindi, the melody can be understood. Try you tube and hear Kishore's songs. You will certainly enjoy them.

Hey take this as a friendly suggestion...for appreciating a song you really don't need to know a language. I hear songs from other Indian languages..of which I hardly understand anything..but music is above interpretation at times.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Hey take this as a friendly suggestion...for appreciating a song you really don't need to know a language. I hear songs from other Indian languages..of which I hardly understand anything..but music is above interpretation at times.

I enjoy every bit of Robindra Sangeet, I don't know Bengali.

Some of the "Rabindra Sangeet" is even beyond my understanding..the lyrics..mood..and I hear it very rarely. But I had learnt a Telugu song from one of the movie starring Surya..Ghajini..and sometimes used to watch movies from down south...I even like Punjabi songs...

Some of the "Rabindra Sangeet" is even beyond my understanding..the lyrics..mood..and I hear it very rarely. But I had learnt a Telugu song from one of the movie starring Surya..Ghajini..and sometimes used to watch movies from down south...I even like Punjabi songs...

Music is something for which one does not really needs to understand the language. As long as it is melodious and soothes your soul you can appreciate the music............all kinds of music appeals to me. :) Especially speaking of the legendary Kishore Kumar he was one of a kind............the most unique personality and and an immensely talented musician.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Music is something for which one does not really needs to understand the language. As long as it is melodious and soothes your soul you can appreciate the music............all kinds of music appeals to me. :) Especially speaking of the legendary Kishore Kumar he was one of a kind............the most unique personality and and an immensely talented musician.

Yes, music is above language...and should be pleasant..so that as listeners we can enjoy and appreciate it.

Yes, music is above language...and should be pleasant..so that as listeners we can enjoy and appreciate it.

Yes and especially when we don't understand the language the melody and the tune becomes all the more important.

I am not big fan of Kishore Kumar's songs but I like most his comic films, and the peculiar musical tones in his songs.

That's yodeling , a speciality of Kishore Kumar .

For me any day I like Kishore Kumar's voice more than his acting. I feel his brother Ashok Kumar had better acting skills. Of course we can't compare both of them though.

Ashok Kumar was a very good actor. Kishore Kumar I think was more comfortable in comic roles............well he did not act in many films.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.