It is generally accepted that the Indian youth is much more modern and progressive in their outlook towards various issues such as gender biases, civic awareness, rights of others etc. But the following study reveals that it is not the case, the youth is quite regressive in their attitudes. Indeed a disturbing and worrying cause for a country whose major population is the young.

http://www.indiaspend.com/cover-story/44-college-students-women-must-accept-violence-31627

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The article shows as if the Indian youth is no different from Mukesh Singh one of five convicted in Nirbhaya kand. I feel the surveys are conducted on very limited group which do not reflect true opinion.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, epraneeth77

A chill crept through my spine, after reading the article. Women are supposed to bear violence?Where we are heading Kalyani?

A chill crept through my spine, after reading the article. Women are supposed to bear violence?Where we are heading Kalyani?

It is indeed a spine chilling thought, and  with all the so-called progress and modern thoughts and education has totally failed to curb such stone-age mentality in men.

@Sunil, I agree that the number of people interviewed may not be proportionate, yet isn't it depressing to know that even few people could still think in that manner? After all, even if there is only one apple that is rotten in the basket, it doesn't take time for the apples to rot!

To know what's happening around and mentality of the people,,a survey or opinion is not necessary. I have been seeing in my day to day life what the survey revealed

To know what's happening around and mentality of the people,,a survey or opinion is not necessary. I have been seeing in my day to day life what the survey revealed

True...but in such a survey, these people actually admit it quite honestly. Otherwise, in daily life it is a bit difficult to pin it on them!

The fact is there are enough people that have a different opinion but the bad part of the story is, they do not come out openly. I always show my concern even if I stand in a risk zone. It's matter of people coming together and fight it out. As I said before, we think in terms of WE. The day we'll learn to face such people the things will change.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Only 35% of school students consider themselves citizens of India.” It is not true that a high school student is so ignorant. It seems that they have not taken the survey seriously, but have just ticked some Yes or No answer, to finish the ‘Survey Paper’ at the earliest. And there is no tension about the marks.

I'm an avid watcher of quiz competitions both locally and on the TV. Especially a programme that I watch on TV held for highschool students really conform to the survey in the link. Let's not shy away from the reality. About the thoughts of the youth today, I agree with the survey.

It is very disappointing to read the article based on the survey. Although the survey takers may not represent all the youth in our country but it does reflect the difference in what most people preach and what in reality they think and believe. This mindset will have to change.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Surveys are real and these surveys are undertaken by reputed surveying agencies. Only thing is we are not ready to bear the reality.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.