The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A welcome move and a good decision to allow people to speak an express themselves when needed without holding themselves back. With this ban of 66A, we will at least spread the news which we otherwise fail to do. Also, FB is now become the best way to stand for the right things or take a stand for wrong doings..the more we spread the word the better using twitter and FB as platform.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

If freedom is used in a right manner, well it's good. If its used for tbad mouthing ,and to settle the scores, at which majority are good, then it's bad.

The section 66A has been struck down by Hon'ble Supreme Court. This is indeed great achievement. The credit goes to the energetic individuals who fought for this right. However still we should be cautious. Still there are other legal provisions according to which government can take actgion under other provisions of IPC  for anything causing insult to somebody or hurting religious sentiments etc. 

http://www.financialexpress.com/article/miscellaneous/section-66a-narendra-modi-govt-vs-manmohan-singhs-as-per-bjp/57144/

https://in.news.yahoo.com/the-girl-who-slayed-section-66a-052941531.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Welcome move for all those who believe in freedom of expression. But I do hope that everyone understands that the 'freedom' should be used with discretion and responsibility.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Deletion of  66A is welcome but why was it brought in in the first place is the real question to be asked.

It has become habit to view everything under microscope. If section 66A is scrapped, it's because, since long this has been considered as Draconian and an invasion on freedom of expression.  Questions like, "why it was brought now" sound funny. Don't these people remove garbage in front of their homes?

They should thank the govt for scrapping the junk at least now

Rambabu pl get yr facts right. Sec 66 is scrapped by Supreme Court and not by present  govt which in fact supported it.

Administration, this thread may pleasetreated as CANCELLED as it is a double post. My points may please be deducted.

Drambabu wrote:

My response is aimed at those, who  pose irrelevant queries. Whether it is scrapped by supreme court or not, one should be happy about that junk, that was allowed to grow by the previous governments, at least now supreme court has scrapped. And for this good deed, the question of "WHY" should not arise.

Why are you over reacting is not understandable. The reason for bringing this Section it now comes out was by couple of Ministers to stop some detrimental information to them from coming in social media. The present govt could have removed it but continued with it. I raised the point because both party leaders are welcoming its deletion which looks strange. I have not questioned why it is deleted but why it was brought in first place so that it can be prevented in future. Kindly desist from calling contributions of others as irrelevant otherwise something like Section 66 may come in force in the Forum also.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.