Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A very appropriate word  you used "Karma Yogi" Abdul Kalam's religion is his work. And he remained till his last as a Karma yogi.

One nevr heard of him making any kind of demands misusing his office and position like Pratibha Patil did . nor did he go globe trotting with his entire family..Tis was probably because he was no political and never thought of material gains for himself, which made him even more respected by the masses.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Usha We have seen and known good people ,great people but in him combined greatness and goodness in equal measure! The highest office of the land is ceremonial and Dr. Kalam lent and added a different dimension with his charisma. What a pity our political animals could not evolve a consensus on his second term! Perhaps that office was too small for him!
chinmoymukherjee wrote:@Usha We have seen and known good people ,great people but in him combined greatness and goodness in equal measure! The highest office of the land is ceremonial and Dr. Kalam lent and added a different dimension with his charisma. What a pity our political animals could not evolve a consensus on his second term! Perhaps that office was too small for him!

The reason is clear he would not have bent backwards to please the madame who called the shots, that itself showed how fair and above petty politics he was ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

A KarmaYogi to the core. All his life he believed in Nishkama Karma, working without expecting returns..

Very sad,RIP Abdul Kalam sir

He lived an exemplary life. He set an example in living a life with purpose. His life is an open book. One can derive inspiration from the pages of this book. A seer of Modern age. RIP.

very sad for all the INDIANS including me that our ex-president is no more with us !!!! i wish i pray that sir soul rest in peace 

bhuyali saroj

Dr Abdul Kalam was a very great and humble person. He was one of the few person who remained humble throughout his life. Today I was reading an article about his last journey to Shillong. It seems they travelled from Guwahati to Shillong in a convoy of vehicles. A gypsy which was leading the convoy had a soldier standing atop holding a gun throughout the journey. He was greatly disturbed seeing him standing throughout the jouney. He felt very bad for him and personally thanked him after the journey. Such was his humility. I doubt how many of the present day politicians would behave like him under similar situations
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar

A very interesting example that reflects the true character of this great soul. He is not a person of one country India . Kalam is a universal man. The entire world mourned for this great soul.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.