Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

NRI's wanted to highlight India and its culture for whom? For TV channels. And why NRI's have to do it? They have left  India and are no longer its citizens. What extra knowledge was obtained by these shows except hear the name again and again like a clockwork programming. Must say these shows are sure amusing and entertaining for the NRI's and also the RI's. That much one has to grant.   

When people want to show their love for their country they get together and do it in any way they think is appropriate, regardless of their being residents or non residents and if some people have some issue about it, I guess it is to be expected and taken with a pinch of salt ! I am sure they were meant to be amusing and entertaining ! It was their way of honoring the leader of their mother nation..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As much I know there were both NRIs and RIs who had gone to witness Modi's performance in UK. And the Indians were not from Gujarat only but from all part of the country. I was hearing Cameroon and then Mody who was speaking in English but as soon as he asked "diwali kaise manai?" the entire scenario changed. After that it was Modi's show all the way despite a few things which he could have avoided speaking in a foreign land. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The worst part is we are not at all patient and do not want to give much time to the new government to push the country forward. We are interested in criticising every move and disinterested in giving the ruling party some time to work properly. We should not expect wonders to happen in such a short span of time.

shampasaid

Criticizing others is the cheapest way to keep these politicians in the limelight. Especially those parties who lost their addresses in the last elections go to any extent to stage a comeback. It takes several decades to mend the political sacrileges committed by the oldest party of India.

suni51 wrote:

As much I know there were both NRIs and RIs who had gone to witness Modi's performance in UK. And the Indians were not from Gujarat only but from all part of the country. I was hearing Cameroon and then Mody who was speaking in English but as soon as he asked "diwali kaise manai?" the entire scenario changed. After that it was Modi's show all the way despite a few things which he could have avoided speaking in a foreign land. 

But what is the purpose of this performance. Modi is a A1 orator so he is going to impress the audiences (except in Bihar & Delhi). What is being celebrated. Are NRI's not foreign citizens and they are cheering the PM of another country. How would Indians react to an opposite situation in India. 

the audiences are present in huge numbers i haven't seen anything like this in my life, so much crowd for a prime minister, so much of respect. It was really an honour for every Indian to see that his country prime minister are having so much fans.

bhuyali saroj

You do not watch TV in India. Twice or more  times  crowd is present in many meetings. 

Modi is a an orator of the highest order. His oration has the power to captivate the people. No wonder if Modi's meetings were well attended and well received.

usha manohar wrote:

The Melas in UK were organised by the Non resident Indians because they wanted to showcase India and its culture and not by Modi or BJp , so resident Indians too if interested  can organise Melas like they did before for The Family and its entourage ..

Resident and non resident are technical terms. Indians are Indians it is not question where they are living. They like and love Indian cultures and traditions.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.