Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

We have seen the entire film industry supporting Salman Khan too so one need not give any undue importance to that...However, Dilip Kumar is no doubt a great actor and a legend in his life time and richly deserves the award but that does not mean that he is a perfect person, he has made some grave mistakes and inflammatory statements , which if they were made today would have created quite a furor  given the kind of media attention we have today. But the very fact that he has been given the award shows that people of India have forgiven his mis adventure and bear no grudge against him !

No matter who starts the discussion in a forum ,, one does not have to endorse the views of the discussion starter all the time, so there is no need to give links after links to support one's view, since other members too are on the net and aware of what is going on about the issue. It is only when all angles are discussed does a discussion become complete rather than agree with what the thread says all the time ! This is a free discussion forum not a military campaign , so one should be broadminded enough to at least analyse what others have to say rather than force personal views on others..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
usha manohar wrote:

We have seen the entire film industry supporting Salman Khan too so one need not give any undue importance to that...However, Dilip Kumar is no doubt a great actor and a legend in his life time and richly deserves the award but that does not mean that he is a perfect person, he has made some grave mistakes and inflammatory statements , which if they were made today would have created quite a furor  given the kind of media attention we have today. But the very fact that he has been given the award shows that people of India have forgiven his mis adventure and bear no grudge against him !

No matter who starts the discussion in a forum ,, one does not have to endorse the views of the discussion starter all the time, so there is no need to give links after links to support one's view, since other members too are on the net and aware of what is going on about the issue. It is only when all angles are discussed does a discussion become complete rather than agree with what the thread says all the time ! This is a free discussion forum not a military campaign , so one should be broadminded enough to at least analyse what others have to say rather than force personal views on others..

I agree. Nobody can force their opinions on others. Whenever, I find the member disagrees with me, I Leave with the remark, " Welcome, you are entitled to your opinion."

rambabu wrote:

There are many movie actors, politicians, prominent people with shady deals but enjoying all attention and patronage of the people in the high circles of power. In case of Dilip Kumar I'm very much convinced that he's the greatest of all time.Not only me, the elite of Movie industry. The link I had provided gives a detailed account of how great personalities in the Movie world including legendary Satyajit Roy simply bowed before this thespian for his histrionic talents only. Not other aspects. 

There will always be ONLY ONE Dilip Kumar.

I feel all these awards are nothing but part of reservation system in our country. These awards are not given based on talent but for gaining/balancing political weightage. You will soon see Aamir, SRK and Salman in queue for a Shree, vibhushan, or even Ratna. I say scrap all this crap and clean the politics.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

They deserve the awards for their contributions in their field of entertaining the masses. Will religion decide the eligibility? 

I said the same, every party is doing that and the current government is no exception.

So nothing changes whomsoever you vote for.

vijay wrote:

So nothing changes whomsoever you vote for.

I was out of India during last general election so I am not responsible wink2.png

MG Singh wrote:

I am glad Dilip Kumar got the award, mainly as it will nail the lie that BJP is anti Muslim. Dilip is aMuslim and has recieved the Nishan e Pakistan, the highest  civil award in Pakistan. He accepted it during the Kargil war. His role during the Pak India war of 1965 was also dubious. However having said that, I will add he was a great actor.

BJP never anti Muslim. When Vajpayee was PM BJP government was nominate Shbana Ajami in Raja Sabha. Shbana is not a supporter of BJP. Accepting any award from Pakistan, when our soldiers were fighting and dying, was not fair. It was against courtesy. 

The Pakistani award Nishan E Imtiaz was given to Dilip Kumar in 1997 before the Kargil war i 1999. So, there is no connection between the two ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

There are many movie actors, politicians, prominent people with shady deals but enjoying all attention and patronage of the people in the high circles of power. In case of Dilip Kumar I'm very much convinced that he's the greatest of all time.Not only me, the elite of Movie industry. The link I had provided gives a detailed account of how great personalities in the Movie world including legendary Satyajit Roy simply bowed before this thespian for his histrionic talents only. Not other aspects. 

There will always be ONLY ONE Dilip Kumar.

I feel all these awards are nothing but part of reservation system in our country. These awards are not given based on talent but for gaining/balancing political weightage. You will soon see Aamir, SRK and Salman in queue for a Shree, vibhushan, or even Ratna. I say scrap all this crap and clean the politics.

A totally biased opinion to say that Padma Awards are a part of reservation system. Any work of distinction in the fields of art, literature, social work etc, by any person without distinction of race, occupation,position, sex are eligible for these Awards. Conferring Padma Vibhushan on Dilip Kumar is very much Justified.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.