Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

As a matter of fact, I personally feel that a person without any bias should discuss only on those aspects that point for which, he has been conferred an honor. This is strictly my own opinion.

I appreciate your viewpoint, but then I hope you are aware that Dhirubhai Ambani was not conferred the Bhart Ratna only because he had a shady past as a young man. So why should teh law be different for Dilip Kumar.?  We must rememeber that Nationalism  is above everything else and Dilip failed that test. he is lucky he was not prosecuted in 1965, due to Congress government. For hsi acting he earned money, but a national award, my word!!!. I cant imagine a US citizen getting an award for similar activities.

I agree. If Dhirubhai Ambani was denied Bharatratna because of his shady past, why OmPuri who was involved in domestic violence case was given Padmashri ?

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

As a matter of fact, I personally feel that a person without any bias should discuss only on those aspects that point for which, he has been conferred an honor. This is strictly my own opinion.

I appreciate your viewpoint, but then I hope you are aware that Dhirubhai Ambani was not conferred the Bhart Ratna only because he had a shady past as a young man. So why should teh law be different for Dilip Kumar.?  We must rememeber that Nationalism  is above everything else and Dilip failed that test. he is lucky he was not prosecuted in 1965, due to Congress government. For hsi acting he earned money, but a national award, my word!!!. I cant imagine a US citizen getting an award for similar activities.

I was not aware that Dhirubhai had a shady past and that he was denied the Bharat Ratna for that reason and even if that is so , I am sure it has nothing to do with personal life , probably some mal practice in business or some such thing ..Taken that into account Indians have been very generous with Dilip Kumar !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It takes hard work, dedication, character over a lifetime to earn an award like Padma Vibhushan. But some self styled know all  kill joys will always be around to malign such persons with their dissatisfied views. Dilip Kumar was conferred with Nishan e Pakistasn award by Pakistan in 1997, two years before Kargil. When later on the Shiv Sena objected, he consulted the then PM Vajpayeeji who advised him to retain the award. It is also very gracious of such persons that they have permitted a Muslim to be given this award. 

Very true.The advice of Bajpayijee, the then PM is really commendable. If you think about the reason behind Bajpayiji, it is clearly evident that the Thespian's personal things are not taken into account. Further, it also underlines the truth that DilipKumar's acting talents alone should be taken into consideration because the conferring of the coveted Award on DilipKumar is for his achievements in the Movies.Not for his Noble deeds.Om Puri, one of our talented actors has been given Padma Shri despite his involvement in a domestic violence. Of course later Om Puri denied the charges. But it is just expected.

No one is denying Dilip Kumar's talent but awarding a biggest civilian award to a citizen should not be based upon achievement only but many other criteria should be taken into consideration. I am not against his award but I opposed your viewpoint. A prisoner's punishment gets relaxed after his/her good behaviour so if Dilip Kumar realised his fault, repented and corrected himself as well as gave no other chance to complain against him then it is up to the government to consider him or not. He got considered and received award then it's fine. Mistake can be corrected but if you say that a person should be judged on the basis of achievement and not on integrity for such prestigious awards then I completely beg to differ.         

shampasaid

The entire movie industry hailed the news of conferring the Padma Vibhushan honor on Dilip Kumar.

http://www.cheertimes.in/2015/06/07/dilip-kumar-deserves-a-bharat-ratna/

You can oppose my view point. You are entitled for one. Forums are for expressing views. Nothing more or Nothing less.

@ Shampa..

Dilip Kumar had to face a lot of protests from within the Industry and from people outside, the only consolation was that media was not at all as dominant then, so the exposure was much less. had it been now, he would have faced very difficult times ...He did realise his mistake or was made to backtrack because f the protests and made a statement saying that India and its interests were his priority .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Entire Film industry stood by the side of Dilip Kumar. They are of the opinion Dilip is above Padma Vibushan . The movie industry demand "Bharat Ratna to Dilip.

http://www.cheertimes.in/2015/06/07/dilip-kumar-deserves-a-bharat-ratna/

@ usha manohar

Thanks for all the information. I simply wanted to point out to @rambabu that Dilip Kumar's talent is definitely unquestionable so he is very much a deserving actor to receive the coveted award. His patriotism was questioned at one point of time but he tried to prove himself innocent. He succeeded and later on people did not doubt his love for India that's why no one is opposing the award but if he had not been proved innocent then what? Should love for the nation be the last criterion? I totally disagree with the view that achievement should be of sole importance. I have nothing against the actor but I am against the  'only achievement 'criterion.

shampasaid

There are many movie actors, politicians, prominent people with shady deals but enjoying all attention and patronage of the people in the high circles of power. In case of Dilip Kumar I'm very much convinced that he's the greatest of all time.Not only me, the elite of Movie industry. The link I had provided gives a detailed account of how great personalities in the Movie world including legendary Satyajit Roy simply bowed before this thespian for his histrionic talents only. Not other aspects. 

There will always be ONLY ONE Dilip Kumar.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.