Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Hosting the International Fleet Review and executing it on such a grand scale is indeed a matter and pride for us all. However, we should not lose the ground reality because Indian Navy is facing so many serious problems in terms of enormous losses in terms of submarines, morale, budget cuts etc. However, I am sure that the things will soon change for the better and we will see improvements soon.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The recent IFR is not just another Naval exercise. It has many unique features. The Indian Navy has achieved 90% indigenisation in its float component and of varying degrees in its other components In the new IFR,  many of Indian navy's latest acquisitions like MIG 29 K , KM 31 AEW Helicopter were displayed.  It has its own uniqueness

rambabu wrote:

The recent IFR is not just another Naval exercise. It has many unique features. The Indian Navy has achieved 90% indigenisation in its float component and of varying degrees in its other components In the new IFR,  many of Indian navy's latest acquisitions like MIG 29 K , KM 31 AEW Helicopter were displayed.  It has its own uniqueness

One must remember that all the items quoted above are "Imported" and any time the spares are stopped, the machines become redundant !!. I talk as a professional pilot. This is not the way to be a world power. It has happened earlier. More on  that later

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

One must remember that all the items quoted above are "Imported" and any time the spares are stopped, the machines become redundant !!. I talk as a professional pilot. This is not the way to be a world power. It has happened earlier. More on  that later

I have watched it . I have seen The Naval Chief explaining PM Modi that all the things which were displayed were made in India. Becoming a world power cannot be achieved overnight. When Indian navy could become 90 % self reliant, achieving 100% self reliance in its Arms production is not far away.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True..otherwise we would be facing another MIG 21 crisis with other planes and helicopters. What is needed is our own technology and everything that can manufactured, maintained and repaired in India, using Indian spare parts. What do you feel would happen if India were to acquire the Raphael fighter planes from France? Would the same thing be repeated?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

When India's second International fleet review hosted in the naval base of Vishakapattanam,  huge crowd gathered there for watching this event. Navy could arrange galleries to accommodate 20,000 spectators while another 150,000 could be accommodate on the beaches. At the sametime, they didn't forget to entertain people through various kinds of cultural activities like folk dances, classical dances, musics and reinterpretation of 'Mahabarath'.

As I said earlier, I witnessed the mind boggling spectacle. Everything related  with India  and it's culture was displayed in a heart rending way. It's not all, the delegates, who represented other countries like Thailand, too displayed, their Cultural activities. On the whole, I enjoyed every bit of the event.

rambabu wrote:

As I said earlier, I witnessed the mind boggling spectacle. Everything related  with India  and it's culture was displayed in a heart rending way. It's not all, the delegates, who represented other countries like Thailand, too displayed, their Cultural activities. On the whole, I enjoyed every bit of the event.

While the display is pretty cool, I have to say I'm very relieved that there is going to be a scaling down in the forces to make it more compact. All that show of military might seems like ancient tribes posturing (like the Maori warcry they use during rugby games), while inside they're each scared of the other side.

With drones etc, hopefully the human loss will be diminished (although its so detached you can't see when innocents are getting killed) and eventually got rid off, except by the pugilistic ones among us. Who don't know how else to channel their energy. It's easy to get all nationalistic about guarding borders when its someone else's brother or father who is getting killed. I've briefly edited a journal for the Black Cat Commandos and learnt there is a high rate of suicide in the army from depression.

On the other hand, like with space technology being used in everyday life,  there is probablly a lot of fantastic technology being developed for military purposes that might have uses for the good of society.

The wars in the Middle East ought to tell us the hard reality is that battles are grim, sordid creatures. Syria has lots so much of its valuable history in the last year. Its quite heartbreaking.Now they'll have to rebuild again. Think of the energy wasted.

The flip side is that war is also very dynamic and sets processes in motion. With all the migrants moving to Europe and other places, the world will be forced to be more multicultural whether one likes it or not. Unless you want to waste each day fighting with your ethnically different neighbours. 

And I suppose one has to reluctantly concede that given the current reality we ought to thankful the systems are in place like the existing Forces, so we're not occupied like Crimea, because some kooky general in a nearby country got up on the wrong side of the bed!

Today I'm going to be the person walking around with a hammer to break someone's heart with, because its Valentine's Day

Peace is not a thing that can be achieved in these days of turbulence easily. It has to be achieved. Remember if you want Peace, you should be prepared for a war. For this single reason a Nation should strengthen itself with the required Material like Arms and ammunition.. Unless there is Peace around you, nothing can be achieved.

rambabu wrote:

Peace is not a thing that can be achieved in these days of turbulence easily. It has to be achieved. Remember if you want Peace, you should be prepared for a war. For this single reason a Nation should strengthen itself with the required Material like Arms and ammunition.. Unless there is Peace around you, nothing can be achieved.

Yes, but only as deterrants. Not to be played around with some trigger happy crazies.

Today I'm going to be the person walking around with a hammer to break someone's heart with, because its Valentine's Day

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.