The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks Arun for your post which I am confident would clear the air in this regard!

You already cleared everything in your post. I just reiterated it for more importance and just added a couple more sites I used.

Also, I am grateful that you took the time to educate the community that they need to use images with proper license and list the sources. Othwerwise, most people would use any images they find on google image result. There are many photographers making a living by this and your post would certainly help them.
Thank you,Arun once again! What drove to compile it is the recent unpleasantness caused over the use of photos in our articles and I just hope it doesn't recur!
Most recently, some of the images removed from my published articles were free wall papers that I downloaded and reduced size and resolution to be made fit for my articles. I have seen same ones in some recent magazines and newspaper front pages(for a weekly competition ) too. Are they really free? Can we use free wallpapers for our articles? Some one please clear my doubts.
Also, what about images and free wallpapers which I have saved before 10 years in my system. Can we use them?

Meera sandhu
Most recently, some of the images removed from my published articles were free wall papers that I downloaded and reduced size and resolution to be made fit for my articles. I have seen same ones in some recent magazines and newspaper front pages(for a weekly competition ) too. Are they really free? Can we use free wallpapers for our articles? Some one please clear my doubts.
Also, what about images and free wallpapers which I have saved before 10 years in my system. Can we use them?

Sandhya, were the image removed for copyright issue or because it was low quality?

If I were you, I would not use any so called "Free Wallpapers", you have no idea they are free or not. Many site owners just rip those images off net and post it on their site claiming it to be free.

Always prefer stock photo sites (Chinmoy has provided quite an extensive list and I have added 2 more as well).

And sandhya same would apply for your wallpapers saved 10 years ago (Though chances are slim that someone would catch you for copyright infringement but it would still be a violation).

Just take the example of a book, no matter from how many years you have a certain book, you can never give that book your name. The author would always have the copyright to it.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Arun,
It is nice to see you here to help the boddunan members occationally.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com

Sandhya, were the image removed for copyright issue or because it was low quality?

If I were you, I would not use any so called "Free Wallpapers", you have no idea they are free or not. Many site owners just rip those images off net and post it on their site claiming it to be free.

Always prefer stock photo sites (Chinmoy has provided quite an extensive list and I have added 2 more as well).

And sandhya same would apply for your wallpapers saved 10 years ago (Though chances are slim that someone would catch you for copyright infringement but it would still be a violation).

Just take the example of a book, no matter from how many years you have a certain book, you can never give that book your name. The author would always have the copyright to it.

Knife was raised against my throat only even if most members are doing so. That's why I decided to stop writing articles here.
Those removed free wall papers were recent ones, that I saw in january newspapers and magazines 2012.

Meera sandhu
Wow Chinmoy jee this is a huge list for all of us to give good articles.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Wow:) its a very big list chinmoy ji., this list will be very useful to every one. Thanks for clearing What are the images can use here. :cheer:

Vinu
Sandhya I think I may have missed something here on Boddunan. Has Boddunan got some copyright infringement notice?

And were the images removed from your article after your article was published or was it removed in the approval stage?

Though I agree that Boddunan would definitely want the author to use original photos or images which they have permission to use, but if it was not conveyed and checked during the approval stage then I think the management is at fault.

Anyways, I won't be commenting on the issue, till I know the whole situation. Anyone care to explain?

Also, Sandhya you can always publish your article at other sites or you can start your own sites. It is always not wise to depend on only one site. Never put all your eggs in one basket.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Thank you Arun once again for your response...
Some unpleasant events occurred here some days before.
Actually, I joined this site just 3 months before and don't have any previous writing experiences. Till now, 61 articles are published for which I used 165 images. Half of the images were taken from my camera and half added from net. Since all articles were approved without any comments, I added pictures from net. Actually till now, I can't recognize a copyrighted or non-copyrighted image. If I want one, I just search with key words...if found, make some alterations, reduce size and resolutions and use it for articles here. For general articles, it take even 3-4 days to complete a good one...that much effort. So, I added 'English men' images from net, which are approved and published. It's sure, we can't get more than 100 rs for an article here, yet I do that work with sincerity, spending lot of time for preparing articles having 3000 or more words.

Of the images removed articles.....
One of them was published in February and got 85rs cash.....another one last week of March and got 75rs cash.
Images removed in the last week of March.

I even made decision to leave the site since I was really hurt. I worked here with sincerity not even caring about cash credits I can gain and if in return I get such responses......I returned only because of the love of my friends here who missed me a lot and not for any cash credits which I can gain in future, sparing a little time from my present assignment. :)
But, I will never write articles here. I always try to find at least a single positive thing from my negative experiences and now I feel that, all that has happened is only for good :cheer: . Perhaps even God may have felt that I should never put this much effort here, in this site only..... :P

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.