Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The photo is beautiful Rajani!!

Today's Fact: Nutmeg is poisonous

Nutmeg is a hallucinigenic drug which is regularly used to flavor such lovely things as custard tarts and fruit cakes. It is also a poison which will kill you while you suffer a variety of extremely revolting (and one or two not-so-revolting) side-effects on the way. Ingesting 2 grams of nutmeg will give you similar feelings to having taken amphetamines (the not-so-revolting side-effect) but will also cause nausea, fever, and headaches. Ingesting 7.5 grams will cause convulsions, and eating 10 grams will cause hallucinations. Eating a whole nutmeg can lead to “nutmeg psychosis” which includes feelings of impending doom, confusion, and agitation. There have been two recorded cases of death by nutmeg (one in 1908 and one in 2001).

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thats really dangerous.. :ohmy: Thanks for sharing kalyani
Dont get fooled by pic..nice sharing kalyani

Babies are born without knee caps.They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
Actaea pachypoda.

Well known as Doll's-eyes, White Baneberry
The berries are highly poisonous, and the entire plant is considered poisonous to humans.
A nice one Sudha!! The picture is so beautiful, one would be actually tempted to eat the berries! :) :) :)

Hoo Kalyani they look very beautiful..
But they were very poisonous berries.... :P :P :P
In the fifteenth century, roses symbolized two warring factions in England. Red roses symbolized the Lancaster faction while white roses symbolized the York faction. As such, the clash became known as the "War of the Roses."

A small Island that is pristine ~ where the water is so clear and the sand so soft and fine they massage you with it .....

You can walk for miles and there are barely any cars ~ you can travel by motorbike ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEbnCcg0kbg
Growing high in the Rocky Mountains, the Colorado Columbine is a welcome reward for the enterprising climbers of Colorado's 14,000-foot high mountains. Picking one in the wild carries a fine ($5-$50 depending on the Ranger who catches you)!

Hmm...I have nothing to supply to this thread.The information are very very good.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.