Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Dev Anand was westernised ,polished and along with raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar was part of the Famous trio of the fifties and sixties...He has acted with almost all leading ladies of his time.With Meena Kumari he has acted in just one film 'Kinare Kinare' directed by his brother Chetan Anand which was not well received inspite of having superb songs and a great story line, probably because Dev Anand had a serious role in the film... He made a handsome pair with Madhubala, Nutan and Waheeda Rehman ....

Out of all the pairs you mentioned, I like Dev - Nutan pair very much especially Paying guest. S.D Burman's lilting melodies are still ringing in my ears.
Chand Phir Nikla, Magar tum Na Aaye, Maana Janab Ne pukaraa Nahin, Hai hai hai yeh nigahein are some of the evergreen songs.

I agree they looked very good together , my personal favorite is Tere Ghar ke samne and the two lovely songs Tu kahan yeh bata and dil ka banwar kare pukar , totally mes,erising the way they were shot...Then there was Manzil , a tragedy but had some lovely music by SDB and Baarish..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
As a director and producer he is also credited with introducing the most number of new, fresh debutantes with many of them as talented as Tina Munim, Zarina Wahab, Tabu etc. He also introduced Jackie Shroff first in Swami Dad!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

As a director and producer he is also credited with introducing the most number of new, fresh debutantes with many of them as talented as Tina Munim, Zarina Wahab, Tabu etc. He also introduced Jackie Shroff first in Swami Dad!

His later films were not upto the mark, I feel that after Heera Panna none of his films were anything to write about.I have seen Swami dada which was passable so also Des Pardes which was Tina Munims debut film.Tina was very pretty but a bad actress...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

His later films were not upto the mark, I feel that after Heera Panna none of his films were anything to write about.I have seen Swami dada which was passable so also Des Pardes which was Tina Munims debut film.Tina was very pretty but a bad actress...

True, I think he may have produced the most number of flops too but we can thank him for giving us Tabu!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True, I think he may have produced the most number of flops too but we can thank him for giving us Tabu!

Tabu was his find ? I dint know that ...I agree she is a very talented actress besides being very beautiful...She has a very strong personality as well from what I read and hear her speak in her interviews ..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10841]}
Myriad thoughts and myriad colours flooded my mind, the moment I had seen your Thread on this Jewel thief or should I say “Heart Thief of Millions “.
I owe my gratitude to you for reminding me of this ‘Pyar Ka Rahi’, whose tagline is. “ Jo bhi Pyaar Se Mila Hum Useeke Ho Gaye.”
Dev is no ordinary man He is “ woh parwana, Jo Pathar ko maum
kar Sakta hain. Nafrat karne waalon ke seene mein pyaar bhar Sakta hain. “

Yes he is tension free man, Har Fikar Ko Dhuheyn Mai Udata Chala Gya, Mai Jindgi Ka Sath Nibhata Chla Gya
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10841]}
Myriad thoughts and myriad colours flooded my mind, the moment I had seen your Thread on this Jewel thief or should I say “Heart Thief of Millions “.
I owe my gratitude to you for reminding me of this ‘Pyar Ka Rahi’, whose tagline is. “ Jo bhi Pyaar Se Mila Hum Useeke Ho Gaye.”
Dev is no ordinary man He is “ woh parwana, Jo Pathar ko maum
kar Sakta hain. Nafrat karne waalon ke seene mein pyaar bhar Sakta hain. “

Yes he is tension free man, Har Fikar Ko Dhuheyn Mai Udata Chala Gya, Mai Jindgi Ka Sath Nibhata Chla Gya

That's the secret behind his being evergreen.

Every movie cannot be hit. What is significant is that he has been active till end of his life and was youthful throughout.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Every movie cannot be hit. What is significant is that he has been active till end of his life and was youthful throughout.

I fully agree with you. And this quality of being Active all aong made him stand head and shoulders above the rest.
His later films are worst, though he continues producing films and giving opportunities to newer talents. During his prime time, he has a distinctive character in screen that attracts many peoples' followings.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.