Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

Pahlaj Nihalani , the CBFC Chief was responsible for all this. 

The video that he made on PM Modi-- now that is something worth censoring.Grin

Today we have the right to criticize it but I am told by my parents that in the late fifties and early sixties it was all about glorifying Nehru and his family on news reels which the entire nation was forced to watch before any film began. This was not done by an individual but by the broadcasting corporation, a governmental body . 

Glorifying the First Prime Minister of newly Independent India was one of the ways of ensuring a stable government. At that time, the priority was to increase the people's trust in their leaders and not jeopardize the feeling of nationalism. But now, it seems irrelevant .

First of all Indian Independence came about through a joint effort of many like Mahatma Gandhi, Sardar Patel, Tilak, Nehru etc.. Glorifying the first PM is understandable during the initial years but not through his 17 years rule and then his daughter and so on ...Far worse than what Pahlaj did by making a film on Modi..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I do not agree with the observation that in the late fifties and sixties Nehru and his family was being glorified in the news reels made by government. These were of about 7 to 10 minutes duration and were a record of events during a week. In absence of TV this was a means of visually presenting news items. Yes many viewers would resent them as they saw it as an intrusion. But there was no glorification of Nehru and family. I have sen many films during that period and no one ever ever. expressed such thoughts.

I too had seen those News Reels  before a Movie begins, To be very frank, those News Reels are about the News and happenings in the Country only.

One reason for the appearance of Nehru family in those News reels is that, in those days  Congress leaders like Nehru, Indira were the News makers.

People had no opinion to express those days except fall in with the party that ruled but there were many who felt that the family glorification began right after independence through print and visual media..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

we must be remember efforts of Indira Gandhi to glorified his family during emergency At that time one capsul that contained some  papers which were  to glorfying her family strain in the ground one by Indira government. Later this capsul wad dig out by Janta party government.

anil wrote:

we must be remember efforts of Indira Gandhi to glorified his family during emergency At that time one capsul that contained some  papers which were  to glorfying her family strain in the ground one by Indira government. Later this capsul wad dig out by Janta party government.

Yes, I read about this capsule. It was created by Indira Gandhi herself. This is what congress is.

usha manohar wrote:

People had no opinion to express those days except fall in with the party that ruled but there were many who felt that the family glorification began right after independence through print and visual media..

Nothing wrong in about telling achievements to peoples. One party which only installed statue is claiming of development. And another party of which 62 family members  were enjoy of beings is also claiming development of state. Every one know who  developed in their rule.

anil wrote:

Here is a detailed article on the mysteries of the Indira capsule  ..

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.news18.com/amp/news/india/a-fort-a-time-capsule-a-secret-the-many-mysteries-of-indira-gandhi-1280368.html

I very much doubt if Indira Gandhi had the technical know how to prepare a capsule as claimed by rambabu ..

Indira Gandhi, in the early 70s decided to record some important events of independence struggle decided to bury a 'Time Capsule", which was called by the then Government as " KaalPatra" and buried in the Red fort complex.

This task of recording the important events was assigned to S. Krishna Swamy, a history professor of Madras Christian College sent a copy of the works he prepared to a great Historian T. Badrinath for his opinion,. After studying, Prof. Badrinath said, the documents consisted of Historical blunders.

Later the Janata party came in to power. After some time, the so called Kaal Patra unearthed and was found to be full of untruths mostly about Nehru family's self praising documents

The whole affair appeared to me as mere non sense and nothing but a piece of Fiction.

rambabu wrote:

Yes Kaalpatra or the Time capsule was full of controversies. People did not believe this Kaal patra

Who are these people who did not believe? Do you know some of them? Or is this another of your stupid thoughtless posts ?

F you take the trouble to read and understand you will realize that the content was speculative since the people directly concerned never spoke about it and the Janata govt never made the contents public but rambabu seems to know better ...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.