Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 3769]}
The clamour for bonus is getting louder and louder but no response from boddunan yet! Let us think of giving bonus to boddunan by writing poems!!
[quote]Initially, i think competitions on one or all of these things can be good idea

Rangoli competition where photo or drawn image of rangoli can be conducted as Rangoli is part of any festival especially diwali

Articles or some interesting tips or experiences on different festivals of different religions.Here the best article should be featured in home page with some good cash credits.

Photo contest on diwali celebrations where only unique photos should be awarded. I think here geniunity is not possible to check but some really interesting photos can be give some points.

Receipes contest can also be conducted.

Poems contest on any festival can also be encouraged,as boddunan indeed have hidden poets/poetesses Different languages can also be considered here.

Presently i think these would be my suggestions. [/quote]

Wow Rajani! Amazing! :)

I really like these ideas a lot, something that I was thinking of too (not all of course ;) )

I like the rangoli idea, but then again what would be the guarantee of the authenticity of pictures submitted, same like photographs??

I am totally in for all articles, recipes and poems based on diwali! Let's work it out and set the ball rolling soon! :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

great rajni these ideas are really nice and can be implemented easily.
Well friends,

It will be difficult to send some physical item to everyone as there are lot of costs to be incured.

What we can expect at the maximum is a bonus extra from revenue sharing.

We can keep contests that will earn extra points and cast credits

Swetha Shenoy
I also agree to give a some diwali bonus to the members who are active through various contest.
Yes all thoughts are correct but how admin will take decision it depends on his choice.

I had two options

When we asked for caps it is not usefull to us.I request for a wall clock.So that we can say proud we have a wall clock from boddunan.

I request Maverick To have gifts on launching day of boddunan.It will be like a anniversary to site and us.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

[quote]Initially, i think competitions on one or all of these things can be good idea

Rangoli competition where photo or drawn image of rangoli can be conducted as Rangoli is part of any festival especially diwali

Articles or some interesting tips or experiences on different festivals of different religions.Here the best article should be featured in home page with some good cash credits.

Photo contest on diwali celebrations where only unique photos should be awarded. I think here geniunity is not possible to check but some really interesting photos can be give some points.

Receipes contest can also be conducted.

Poems contest on any festival can also be encouraged,as boddunan indeed have hidden poets/poetesses Different languages can also be considered here.

Presently i think these would be my suggestions.

Wow Rajani! Amazing! :)

I really like these ideas a lot, something that I was thinking of too (not all of course ;) )

I like the rangoli idea, but then again what would be the guarantee of the authenticity of pictures submitted, same like photographs??

I am totally in for all articles, recipes and poems based on diwali! Let's work it out and set the ball rolling soon! :) :)[/quote]

Thanks for the appreciation kalyani. These are common ideas suitable to festival atmosphere.

Yes, regarding autheticity of picture it is though difficult but not impossible as one can see the appearance and judge it or take help from online checking software.However, the question is how many will participate?
Do you remmeber the display picture contest, which was suggested by Sajeetharan?
He initially took some names who are interested and then lots of people joined thereafter, the only thing in that contest is any copied image is allowed but only points are given. Maybe similar contest can be conducted on Rangoli and cash credit should be given only to pictures which look original. For rest of the images only points should be awarded. In this way participation will be there and festival theme will also be satisfied. :)
[quote]I also agree to give a some diwali bonus to the members who are active through various contest. [/quote]

Deepu, do I infer from your statement that the bonus comes out of your pocket??/ :ohmy: :woohoo: if that is the case then Maverick will be absolutely in favor of this idea! :woohoo:

[quote]
Thanks for the appreciation kalyani. These are common ideas suitable to festival atmosphere.

Yes, regarding autheticity of picture it is though difficult but not impossible as one can see the appearance and judge it or take help from online checking software.However, the question is how many will participate?
Do you remmeber the display picture contest, which was suggested by Sajeetharan?
He initially took some names who are interested and then lots of people joined thereafter, the only thing in that contest is any copied image is allowed but only points are given. Maybe similar contest can be conducted on Rangoli and cash credit should be given only to pictures which look original. For rest of the images only points should be awarded. In this way participation will be there and festival theme will also be satisfied. [/quote]

Yes Rajani, it is a totally workable idea and we can to a certain extent judge whether it is pirated photo or not, so I am totally in favor of the rangoli competition! Only thing, all the contests have to carried out and completed at least 2-3 days before actual diwali starts since during the festival not may would want to spend time online!

So why don't you work it out and send the details of what and how you want to do this and PM it to Maverick, Atul and other moderators? You will get all help you want if necessary! All the best!

[quote]Well friends,

It will be difficult to send some physical item to everyone as there are lot of costs to be incured.

What we can expect at the maximum is a bonus extra from revenue sharing.

We can keep contests that will earn extra points and cast credits [/quote]

I agree with you Swetha, extra costs in terms of logistics etc. are really not feasible, so extra credits and points will suffice, only thing is they should be enough so as to reflect the festive season!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.