Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Okay so here's your suggestion!!

Its not such bad idea as it would definitely put a brake on potential spammers and useless threads. I like the idea but the bar could be raised to 5 instead of just 2.

I don't think I have mentioned any bar of numbers but that is another good point. Yes 5 in a day should be fine from one member.

You didn't? Okay, I did misunderstand your initial post. What I suggest is there should be a time limit, say only 2 or 3 threads be allowed in a one hour interval or something like that.

I think the only restriction of posting one thread at a time unless another member has posted one should do the trick. That is- I cannot post a thread unless another member has posted a thread in any section. That should serve the purpose.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes this limitation will be accepted by all the members. Limitation is already there for articles also. Hence two much checks should not be there.

Its not such bad idea as it would definitely put a brake on potential spammers and useless threads. I like the idea but the bar could be raised to 5 instead of just 2.

I don't think I have mentioned any bar of numbers but that is another good point. Yes 5 in a day should be fine from one member.

You didn't? Okay, I did misunderstand your initial post. What I suggest is there should be a time limit, say only 2 or 3 threads be allowed in a one hour interval or something like that.

I think the only restriction of posting one thread at a time unless another member has posted one should do the trick. That is- I cannot post a thread unless another member has posted a thread in any section. That should serve the purpose.

No, I don't think that will work, it will only serve as a demotivator. If you go through many threads with answers, you will see that not all threads are pointless, some are in fact good, yet they go unanswered. In that case, a person would have to sit twiddling his thumbs for an entire day if he is unable to post another thread until his previously posted thread has at least a single answer. Not recommended. A two or three should work.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

No, I don't think that will work, it will only serve as a demotivator. If you go through many threads with answers, you will see that not all threads are pointless, some are in fact good, yet they go unanswered. In that case, a person would have to sit twiddling his thumbs for an entire day if he is unable to post another thread until his previously posted thread has at least a single answer. Not recommended. A two or three should work.

You missed it again, I said one can post another thread as soon as some one else posted a thread in any section. I only want to limit to post two threads in a row. Nothing more. There would be no restriction on number of threads one wish to post- but no two posts one after the other. Comments or no comments on his/her threads.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You missed it again, I said one can post another thread as soon as some one else posted a thread in any section. I only want to limit to post two threads in a row. Nothing more. There would be no restriction on number of threads one wish to post- but no two posts one after the other. Comments or no comments on his/her threads.

Usually, I make a list of a few new issue or topics that need discussion. I first participate in forum and then post the new threads. I post all the threads in one go- be these one of five. If you restrict these, I shall be handicapped. Many others will also be. If I can reply to any number of existing threads, why restrict me from posting any number of threads.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
I agree that posting new threads immediately is not good but already I can seen members lost interest in posting new threads when the points were decreased...Now if we implement this limitation will it motivate or demotivate the members?

oops, sorry missed again! yes, your suggestion does sound good what difference will it make? not much!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I mean no member should post two threads in a row. He/she should wait until some other member has already posted one. I suggested this once before but admin said since there is no award of points, this could go on. Too many threads and so little participants- most of the threads go unanswered.

I can't agree with you.
The thing is that.......a person may be working here according to his time. Only 20 members working here. He may be sparing a little time from his busy schedule. Only a few persons like me are working here full time.
So, when he gets time, he may post a few replies and start new threads. If he is the only online member at a time and he has not enough time for waiting, for responding to his thread, he can't post more new threads.

Actually, only a few threads are going unnoticed. Most threads are getting responses.

Also, if admin finds a repetitive thread, he can reduce those 2 points also.

If, a person's intention is to do spamming, better idea will be to respond to 1000 threads found here rather than starting new threads.
New thread creation is really a great effort, I know it very well. But, responding to it is not a great job, if intention is just gaining points.

Actually, it's the first time, 2 points awarded to a new thread. I have started threads before also. If intention is just to gain points, why should one waste his time and memory thinking about new threads, when even an award is not given for good thread initializing or best responses???

@Sunil.....
This suggestion is about posting a new thread or posting a new response....still am not clear

Meera sandhu
I agree that posting new threads immediately is not good but already I can seen members lost interest in posting new threads when the points were decreased...Now if we implement this limitation will it motivate or demotivate the members?

Points decreased for starting new threads???? :blink: :blink: :blink:
I have never noticed before. Can anyone tell me why. :)

Meera sandhu
I mean no member should post two threads in a row. He/she should wait until some other member has already posted one. I suggested this once before but admin said since there is no award of points, this could go on. Too many threads and so little participants- most of the threads go unanswered.

I can't agree with you.
The thing is that.......a person may be working here according to his time. Only 20 members working here. He may be sparing a little time from his busy schedule. Only a few persons like me are working here full time.
So, when he gets time, he may post a few replies and start new threads. If he is the only online member at a time and he has not enough time for waiting, for responding to his thread, he can't post more new threads.

Actually, only a few threads are going unnoticed. Most threads are getting responses.

Also, if admin finds a repetitive thread, he can reduce those 2 points also.

If, a person's intention is to do spamming, better idea will be to respond to 1000 threads found here rather than starting new threads.
New thread creation is really a great effort, I know it very well. But, responding to it is not a great job, if intention is just gaining points.

Actually, it's the first time, 2 points awarded to a new thread. I have started threads before also. If intention is just to gain points, why should one waste his time and memory thinking about new threads, when even an award is not given for good thread initializing or best responses???

@Sunil.....
This suggestion is about posting a new thread or posting a new response....still am not clear

Sandhya the point Suny wants to say is like we have rule of not posting two successive posts in a thread similary there should be rule for not starting consecutive starting threads.

:blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.