Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Is it necessary to ban Lottery?

    by » 9 years ago


    Thats nice to see your entry Kalyani.. :)

    Kalyani Wrote:
    [quote]My opinion is that instead of trying to ban lottery, instead legalize the entire system, implement rigorous regulations and establish a financial regulatory body to oversee the lottery directly.[/quote]

    I do agree Kalyani... When a ban is imposed, no one would stop doing this..Instead, they will carry illegal methods of carrying this business.

    And regarding imposing strict rules, in a country like INDIA, we always have loop holes for every rule.. :dry:

    Thanks 'n' Regards,
    Deepti.

  • Re: Is it necessary to ban Lottery?

    by » 9 years ago


    I wish to add an incident that I witnessed today.A blind person was there in Calicut bus stand who sells lottery daily.I have been seeing him for last one year.Today I saw him at the same place selling some pens!So before getting lottery banned and losing his earning way he changed to another selling !That is the positive way.

    Visit my blogs:

    http://abidareacode.blogspot.com

  • Re: Is it necessary to ban Lottery?

    by » 9 years ago


    Deepti wrote:
    [quote]I do agree Kalyani... When a ban is imposed, no one would stop doing this..Instead, they will carry illegal methods of carrying this business.

    And regarding imposing strict rules, in a country like INDIA, we always have loop holes for every rule.. [/quote]

    You are right Deepti, something that is advocated by even the Gods of our culture (gambling for money and drinking Somras :) ) can never be banned from our country!

    As to the loopholes part, aren't we experts in that field!!! :) :laugh: :)

    But coming to serious discussion, gambling (lottery) needs to be legalized in order to bring some order to the gamblers!!

    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Is it necessary to ban Lottery?

    by » 9 years ago


    Yes friends...No other points to share and counter.Only ladies are in performance ???

    Visit my blogs:

    http://abidareacode.blogspot.com

  • Re: Is it necessary to ban Lottery?

    by » 9 years ago


    Hello friends, I am Devyani. This is really a good topic for
    discussion.
    According to me, government lottery should not be banned in the States.It is so because:-
    1. Lottery or gambling has brought about great changes in life of many needy peoples. It is an opportunity to get lump sum money suddenly together. Middle class or lower middle class people can make use of these money for some productive purposes for their future needs.
    2. Government providing money to the people as Lottery or gambling seems to be unproductive but this is not the fact. It is one of the sources of fund of the Nation.
    3. Winning a lottery, motivates people to work more efficiently and actively.Friends everybody plays lottery kowingly or unknowingly in their life. This not only includes casino or lottery. It also includes the day to day activities of our life. A person may gamble to take umbrella due to rain but it may not rain outside.
    Gambling is part of our life. We cannot avoid it totally.

  • Re: Is it necessary to ban Lottery?

    by » 9 years ago


    Devyani, I donot agree with you...... Here are my counter points

    Devyani Sarkar wrote:
    [quote]1. Lottery or gambling has brought about great changes in life of many needy peoples. It is an opportunity to get lump sum money suddenly together. Middle class or lower middle class people can make use of these money for some productive purposes for their future needs.[/quote]
    Devyani, lottery or gambling would also result in loosing money too. Are you not aware of this fact??

    Devyani Sarkar wrote:
    [quote]2. Government providing money to the people as Lottery or gambling seems to be unproductive but this is not the fact. It is one of the sources of fund of the Nation.[/quote]
    This may be initially Devyani... I have heard that many of the rich business me use these gamblers to convert their BLACK MONEY to White...

    Devyani Sarkar wrote:
    [quote]3. Winning a lottery, motivates people to work more efficiently and actively.[/quote]
    Devyani, I totally disagree with your point......
    I do not think it will motivate people..... :blink:
    This gambling would make people more lazy... They always think that they are destined enough and don't believe in their hardwork..

    Thanks 'n' Regards,
    Deepti.

  • Re: Is it necessary to ban Lottery?

    by » 9 years ago


    Abid, the example you quoted of the blind lottery seller is a good and positive example. We can holy hope that more people follow his example.

    Devyani wrote:
    [quote]1. Lottery or gambling has brought about great changes in life of many needy peoples. It is an opportunity to get lump sum money suddenly together. Middle class or lower middle class people can make use of these money for some productive purposes for their future needs.
    2. Government providing money to the people as Lottery or gambling seems to be unproductive but this is not the fact. It is one of the sources of fund of the Nation.
    3. Winning a lottery, motivates people to work more efficiently and actively.Friends everybody plays lottery kowingly or unknowingly in their life. This not only includes casino or lottery. It also includes the day to day activities of our life. A person may gamble to take umbrella due to rain but it may not rain outside.
    Gambling is part of our life. We cannot avoid it totally.[/quote]

    Devyani, I agree to your first two points, yes the lottery industry plays a major role in the country's economy. Also the production of lottery tickets provides employment to a large number of population involved. Unless altervative means of employment is provided, these industries cannot be closed down.

    Deepti wrote:
    [quote]This may be initially Devyani... I have heard that many of the rich business me use these gamblers to convert their BLACK MONEY to White... [/quote]

    Deepti, this is exactly the reason why such an industry as the Lottery exists... to bring the black money into circulation. If such a system as lottery is closed forever, the economy of the country would totally collapse and the India would face a financial crisis much worser than the recent recession was experienced in USA.

    Like it or not, black money plays a vital role in a country, to completely uproot this vice would entail uprooting the entire economical system and start frsh from a scratch - a prospect that we are not ready to face!

    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Is it necessary to ban Lottery?

    by » 9 years ago


    Kalyani Wrote:
    [quote]this is exactly the reason why such an industry as the Lottery exists... to bring the black money into circulation.[/quote]

    :blink: :blink: :dry:
    Kalyani.... Black Money would be converted to WHITE... Not to circulate among the people.. But for their own benefits... :)
    A rich business man can turn his black money by any means.... He can do it by hook or cook..
    We are giving a very easy way for him in the form of this LOTTERY.

    Thanks 'n' Regards,
    Deepti.

  • Re: Is it necessary to ban Lottery?

    by » 9 years ago


    Deepti, that is how a black money is turned to white --- by bringing it into circulation!

    Yes, there are other ways to do so but lottery is the most viable means because of not so strict regulations of any financial body.
    If it was not so easy to do so, most black money would remain buried somewhere in a bank abroad and not be of any use whatsover to the country's economy, which is not what the Government wants.

    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Is it necessary to ban Lottery?

    by » 9 years ago


    Yeah --- I understand your point Kalyani... But I don't agree the word "Circulation" to be used in your statement. It is just converted for their benefit... Not circulated.. :)

    Thanks 'n' Regards,
    Deepti.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.