The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Chinmoy has raised vital matters of administration and corruption and questioned whether the money not spent on space program would automatically go to support weaker sections.

Undoubtedly, corruption free administration is vital to fulfilling social targets. But here the issue is whether the expenditure on space research is justified. There can be no two opinions regarding need to spend on space craft. We owe the entire communication system to space research. Ultimately, the benefits will outweigh the cost. Space research is long term activity and benefits will be realized in many centuries.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Hope more and more members participate as contest is going to end soon.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
As I indicated earlier that I would cover the path that Indian scientific space research has travelled and its splendid successes which have a signficant bearing on taking forward our devlopmental efforts towards giving a better quality of life for all.The funding of these space programmes met with stiff resistance from quarters from the very beginning and controversies also shrouded on the lines I explained earlier.First of all let us ask ourselves whether it would have been at all possible to enjoy certain facilities which we have almost taken for granted in the absence of these successful space reaearch programmes.Of all our priorities in life physiological needs are basic that have to be met but what about another very basic trait of human race which is the quest to know the unknown! "One can not live on bread alone" goes the well-known proverb.So the human spirit would always seek to open up new frontiers of knowledge which would benefit the mankind.

Looking at the trmendous progress and significant milestones achieved by our space scientist it would be really short-sighted to question the expenditure we have incurred so far and the tangible and intangible benefits which have accured to all sections of our society.What can be proudly said about Indian space research is that it has remained committed to the visions of late Dr. Sarabhai who outlined his vision in the following words:"There are some who question th relevance of space activities in a developing nation.To us ,there is no ambiguity of purpose.We do not have the fantasy of competing with the economically advanced nations ........but we are convinced that if we are to play a meaningful role nationally,and in the community of nations,we must be second to none in the application of advanced technologies to the real problems of man and society".I think the visionary that he was is clearly evident from this statement.I intend to follow it up in my concluding post.
In view of heavy costs and invisible results, the necessity of space research programme in poor country is often questioned. It is important to question the need for huge expenses on space research. Vikram Srabhai stressed that space research is unavoidable in the modern times if we wish to compete in modern world. We must be second to none in research. However, we need not compete with advance nations in missions like landing onb moon or Mars.

India has done well by collaborating with advanced nations in matter of research. U.S.A. has many Indian scientists and workers on the space mission. We cannot forget the sacrifice by Kalpana Chawla in space research. Reakesh sharma was first Indian to go to outer space in a spacecraft from Russia.

Space research is not directly beneficial in the short run but its results are sure though indirect and will be felt not in decades but in centuries. We have reaped many fruits from our forefathers' efforts. Let us support coming generations through knowledge that space research gives.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Further to my earlier views on the great strides that Indian space scientists and technologists have made in this field and the consequent benefits or fruits, I think it is time to have a hard look at these milestones.What is worth noting is the fact that our space research and programmes have not been undertaken with any motive to outdo any nation and strictly based on our practical needs.A chronological study of our achievements in this realmm would reveal a utilitarian approach.Ever since our first satellite "Aryabhatta" was launched into the space,our space undertook and executed space programmes to cater to our needs covering a broad spectrum of defence,education and communication.As we have made phenomenal progress in the form of designing and construction of various satellites and launch vehicle I would confine myself to the momentous roles that two series of our satellites systems have been playing in heralding a revolution with far reaching results on our social sector development. One is Indian National Satellites which is more popularly known as INSAT catering to our communication requirements and Indian Remote Sensing Satellites for management of our natural resources.I need not elaborate on the concrete and tangible benfits which the INSAT series satellites have already produced.The importance of IRS series of satellites have grown enormously in recent decades as these satellites would greatly help in making a scientific study of our natural resources and their optimal end uses as well as meeting our defence requirement.The success Indian scientists have achieved in the area of development of launch vehicles also merit a mention in this regard and what is heartening that commercial exploitation too has started and the days are not far off when our space programmes may be self-sustaining.

Finally I would once again emphasise that our paramount goal should be ensuring a better life for the majority of our populace,if not all and all.our programmes be this space or social or economic should be ideally geared up to meet this purpose.I do not view space programmes as futuristic programmes borne out of fantasy!Rather these in conjunction with other programmes can go a long way in qualitatively improve the lives of all.With these words I conclude.Thank you all!
Thanks for the participation friends! The topic is now closed for discussion! Winners will be announced in a couple of days!
:) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.