Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Prayer is a form of self talk for me. I remind my self, " Hey, are you going in the right path, ? if not drift back." It's a kind of review for me. Nothing more and nothing less.

I believe in prayer but I have my own way to pray which doesn't match with most of the others. I pray to God before I leave the bed in the morning and just before sleeping at night that too after getting into the bed. It's very occasional that at home I stand in front of the place where images of God are kept and pray. I thank God, I request Him for something or the other and the interesting part is I can simply vent  my frustrations to Him.   

shampasaid

Thanking the God for all he bestowed on us is the ideal way of Praying. And venting your frustrations is also good. But, there should not be "Ifs and BUts."

what i want to drive home the point is, " God, If you put an end to my frustrations...I take a vow to come to your temple in Kedarnath and offer you a crown made of Gold."

For me a prayer is to keep me away from sins for the day and I never take more than five seconds for saying that to almighty.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I am a person who feels suffocated when some condition is forced upon me so there is no question of imposing ifs and buts on God. Its plain and simple venting or else it becomes difficult to bear the pressure. Sometimes something good takes place and it soothes me but sometimes nothing turns up positive but helps me to accept it in an easier way because I know there is God, to whom I can talk to about everything from positive to negative ones.    

shampasaid

That is required. A Prayer loses its meaning and purpose if conditions are imposed. Its nothing short of offering a bribe to the God.

suni51 wrote:

For me a prayer is to keep me away from sins for the day and I never take more than five seconds for saying that to almighty.

That sounds strange to me.. so you just deposit you sins on him and push off do you?  

I am always talking to him every moment of the day. Constantly telling him how much I love him.. how much I need him.. etc..  

Prayer is as  I understand a two way conversation.. not one way traffic.  Each to his own though.. I was just curious. 

I regard prayer as a means to express my gratitude for all that he gave me. Once in a day, I pay my gratitude to God. Number of times is immaterial to me. Because God knows what you are. That's why reminders every other minute is not required.

If you are counting the number of times it is not prayer it is statistics..  I am talking of being one with  God.. being in constant communion with God..  You do count how many times you express your love to your children/spouse?  Its is the same with God. 

That's the reason why i said number is meaningless to me. God dwells always in one's heart with doors open.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.