Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

We don't have to give him reminders.,. just speak to him all day .. as there is no end to conversations of love. 

That is understood.Why knocking the door when they are opened ?

For me prayer happens at different moments of life – in the beginning of a day, in the beginning of some important tasks and in the end of the day. Every time it is a silent submission, self-assurance or a thanksgiving. Self communicates with Self silently. He who prays and he who hears is one and the same; no third person. For me God is my Self.  Who knows me better, other than my Self?

Prayer is a self talk. It is a call to yourself to mobilize  all your skills and talents to achieve a status that the unknown power behind those blue curtains expects from you.

A prayer can be something very simple as said by an innocent child or something with very deep and profound meaning. It is really hard to say what exactly it is, but it means a lot to many people. I personally cannot really express what it means for me but I found a lovely poem called "A  Wing and a Prayer" of which two stanzas I liked the best:

Under the wing of the angel, we feel protected

Through powers to God, we feel connected

Peace is said to be offered on the wings of a dove,

Prayers can bring peace along with hope, faith and love.

Under the wing of an angel, we feel protected
Through prayers to God, we feel connected.

Peace is said to be offered on the wings of a dove
Prayers can bring peace along with hope, faith, and love.

- See more at: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/prayer-poems.html#sthash.PyeDC9Yk.dpuf

- See more at: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/prayer-poems.html#sthash.PyeDC9Yk.dpuf

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Prayer takes different meaning for different situations. It is a plea when one is desperate, it is a thanksgiving when one achieves, it is hope when one is trying, it is a bargain when one is uncertain, it is a contract when one is taking a risk and it is a homecoming when one's time has come.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
vijay wrote:

Prayer takes different meaning for different situations. It is a plea when one is desperate, it is a thanksgiving when one achieves, it is hope when one is trying, it is a bargain when one is uncertain, it is a contract when one is taking a risk and it is a homecoming when one's time has come.

That is the best description of what prayer really is so far I have come across! plus1.png

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you @ Kalyani.. After writing I was also surprised at how could I express in such words. Perhaps these were my own experiences coming out.

vijay wrote:

Prayer is a submission before the creator expressing gratitude. Once  things like bargaining, demanding, contract etc are included in Prayer,  the word Prayer loses it's sanctity.

The beauty of prayer is that nobody can teach others how to pray or what to pray. It just happens. It comes from within; and the communion takes place in a transcendental level. The famous short story “The Three Hermits” by Leo Tolstoy is a classic example that reminds me of the sanctity of prayer, where the bishop who tried to teach the hermits how to pray finally realized that prayer cannot be taught, but should come from the heart. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.