Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Philophically, it's believed that Attachments are the reasons for lack of peace of mind. The day when you detach yourself from attachments,  you can proudly say that, " I have Peace of Mind."

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Most of the times I am at peace with myself and my surroundings, but like many have voiced here, the feeling of peace is not permanent as it can be disrupted by many things and incidents. But generally speaking, I am mostly content with my dreams, what I have achieved and what I want for my family, so yes, I am at peace !

Inner peace can be disrupted/changed as change is the only permanent state.. But being able to find ones equilibrium through it all is inner peace. 

Often people mistake achievements to bring peace. It is not the destination but the journey itself.. the journey of life  that should be peaceful. It is the  being not the doing. We are busy bodies doing all the time.. instead of being what we ought to be. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

There are instances where people are born into a family with problems and they compound with time.I wonder how they would be able to find peace , most of them give up because they are unable to cope .You need to have some mental security which also comes with physical and financial security. All these factors tend to influence your own well being. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Usha, Peace is common to the king and the beggar. I guess the beggar on the street would have more peace than royalty. It is only a state of mind.. anyone can attain it. The rich wallow in fear and anxiety worrying about how to get richer and poor worry about how to make ends meet.

I am sure you'll agree that everyone has problems.. some more than then others.. the choices  we make in how we approach them could define our state of mind better. Being ready to accept the situation, and working towards what can be done without worrying is the secret to peaceful living. 

yes, i too living in peace and i don't have any kind problem now 

bhuyali saroj

bhuyali saroj wrote:

yes, i too living in peace and i don't have any kind problem now 

Wonderful.. hold on to your peace even when there are problems. 

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

I am not free. I am part of a family, a society and the humankind. As long as human relations exist I have to face the struggles of the external world, its turbulence and all contradictions of life. Success in struggles in the external world and fulfillment of desires give happiness and peace of mind, which are temporary. As long as attachment is there, eternal peace within will be a mirage. 

I am in total agreement. Peace within is not an individual thing. I'm happy and at peace if all my near and dear ones are happy and contented. I may be able to accept a few short comings in my own life ( after all peace also means acceptance of whatever life has in store for you) but can't see any of my loved ones suffering and struggling . In fact why just family, even friends when going through tough times causes a lot of turmoil . Emotional attachment is what comes in the way of attaining peace within and that is the only thing that stops me from saying that I'm at peace...it has nothing really to do with material gains for me..I never sweat over what all stuff I need to buy or what status I want to achieve..I am thankful for all that I have .If I get more, I'll be grateful to the Almighty and if not, I have nothing to regret.

Thank you said by: RAMAKRISHNAN. A
Sofs wrote:

Usha, Peace is common to the king and the beggar. I guess the beggar on the street would have more peace than royalty. It is only a state of mind.. anyone can attain it. The rich wallow in fear and anxiety worrying about how to get richer and poor worry about how to make ends meet.

I am sure you'll agree that everyone has problems.. some more than then others.. the choices  we make in how we approach them could define our state of mind better. Being ready to accept the situation, and working towards what can be done without worrying is the secret to peaceful living. 

I agree...You need to cultivate your mind to focus on things rather than wallow in self pity and compare yourself to others who are seemingly happier or richer or whatever ! Personally , the only thing that stresses me is any mishap that may happen with my family and extended family !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sofs wrote:

Remember

Impossible is nothing.  Muhammad Ali 

The Bible says  - 'All this are possible for him who believes.'

Nothing good comes without a price to pay, we can all work towards it. 

I wish Muhammad Ali could say that today when he is living the most unpeaceful life. You as a psychiatrist should be aware of 'Muhammad Ali Effect' named after him.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
Sofs wrote:

Remember

Impossible is nothing.  Muhammad Ali 

The Bible says  - 'All this are possible for him who believes.'

Nothing good comes without a price to pay, we can all work towards it. 

I wish Muhammad Ali could say that today when he is living the most unpeaceful life. You as a psychiatrist should be aware of 'Muhammad Ali Effect' named after him.

Exactly. Scriptures and celebrities may be saying 1000 things. Are they really happening in this turbulent environment ?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.