Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Very good news. India opened her medal tally.  Place of honor goes to India girls. Sakshi got first medal whereas another girl Karmakar just missed a medal.  

That was Deepa Karmakar. She has put up such a tremendous performance that the press, said,
Deepa has won the Hearts of the people. "

Sakshi deserves all the honours as she has done the country proud in the field of wrestling. It is contrasting that Haryana suppresses girls but it's girls also rise to the top.

Yes its equal to world cup because its happen after long waiting. I hope one Gold will come soon by Sandhu also.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Finally,  a drop of water in the vast dried up ocean! Sakshi has done us proud and won a medal when none was expected. Proud of the lady !

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is a great moment for Sakshi and India. Noone made much of her but she quietly but with determination did the best she could. I hope at least now the government thinks of doing their bit to help the sportsperson. In fact they could ask the prominent Industrialists to adopt and train at least one sportsperson with potential ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

It is a great moment for Sakshi and India. Noone made much of her but she quietly but with determination did the best she could. I hope at least now the government thinks of doing their bit to help the sportsperson. In fact they could ask the prominent Industrialists to adopt and train at least one sportsperson with potential ..

I guess you have a valid point there, industrialists should adopt one promising athlete each and take responsibility of training them for national and international events. Right now, governments jobs do have specific quotas for athletes but I doubt if that helps much in such events.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The moment the news of Sakshi Malik's win in Olympics, was known, Haryana Government announced a Rs. 2.5 crore Reward,  and offered a Govt. Job. Many firms like Jindal Industries rewarded in different forms to Sakshi. I think adopting a Sports person also may start.

Congratulation Shakshi,

She brought honor to the Country. In about 30 minutes there will be a match of Badminton. P.V sindhu is also likely to get a medal to India,

Till now we blame government then we will blame industrialists. Why are we so hungary for medals. Society has to be all round excellent not in one area to save our prestige.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.