Today is World Water Day

Category: Discussions 3 years ago

Few of us know about world water day. It is celebrated on 22nd march, and importance of water, ways to conserve it is discussed on this day. It is celebrated world wide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Water_Day

 


http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Today is World Water Day

    by » 3 years ago


    It is a good post. This post makes all of us realize the importance of water This day focuses attention on the Importance of Universal access, to clean water, sanitation and hygiene facilities in developing Countries. We all know, that we can live without food for 3 to 4 days, but not a single moment without water

    That is the importance of water.


  • Re: Today is World Water Day

    by » 3 years ago


    rambabu wrote:

    It is a good post. This post makes all of us realize the importance of water This day focuses attention on the Importance of Universal access, to clean water, sanitation and hygiene facilities in developing Countries. We all know, that we can live without food for 3 to 4 days, but not a single moment without water

    That is the importance of water.

    Yes I was surfing though some news website and found this information, this day is about making people aware of importance of water and ways to conserve it. I think it is good to share such information more and more.


    http://www.comparenshop.in


  • Re: Today is World Water Day

    by » 3 years ago


    With 2 thirds of the Earth's surface  covered by water and the human body consisting of 75% percent of it, it is evidently clear that Water is one of the prime elements responsible for life on Earth, it is a good good thing that you shared this knowledge to our members.


  • Re: Today is World Water Day

    by » 3 years ago


    This is very nice post and it's true a very few of us know about world water day, we all know, All creatures in the world no live without water. we should all save water so that there is no shortage of water in the future. 


  • Re: Today is World Water Day

    by » 3 years ago


    Water shortage will be acute this summer because of the shortage of rainfall last year. In my own town we have water storage for just 20 days and all Wells are already running dry. Thankfully , though late , the corporation has woken up and has made rain water harvesting mandatory for everybody. We had implemented it in our house  15 years ago and have had no problem with water so far since our usage is heavy for the garden etc..But unless everyone becomes conscious and takes responsibility the problem would only persist and get worse ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Today is World Water Day

    by » 3 years ago


    rambabu wrote:

    With 2 thirds of the Earth's surface  covered by water and the human body consisting of 75% percent of it, it is evidently clear that Water is one of the prime elements responsible for life on Earth, it is a good good thing that you shared this knowledge to our members.

    Copy / paste as usual..

     

    www.ijens.org › Vol_14_I_05 › 146504...
    by FB Rizwan - ‎Related articles
    With two third of the earth's surface covered by water and the human body consisting of 75 percent of it, it is evidently clear that water is one of the prime elements responsible for life  ...

    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Today is World Water Day

    by » 3 years ago


    Most of persons believed that main source of water is galciers and sea, But is not truth. Underground water is main source of water.But we are using it in nonsence way. Rain which we have in whole year is enough to recharge underground water sources. It is time to preserve rain water and recharge underground water sources.


  • Re: Today is World Water Day

    by » 3 years ago


    @USHA could you please share some details about the rain harvesting at your house. How much water is stored and becomes available later on. Thanks in advance.


  • Re: Today is World Water Day

    by » 3 years ago


    vijay wrote:

    @USHA could you please share some details about the rain harvesting at your house. How much water is stored and becomes available later on. Thanks in advance.

    What we have is a very basic system . We have a well and at a distance of 30 feet we have made a tank into which all the rain water falling on the rooftop and cement surface gets collected and it has a storage capacity of about 3000 liters which we use for the garden. The water level in our well too remains more or less steady during summer months although now it is coming down drastically ..

    Actually the tank capacity is 8000 liters ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: vijay, Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: Today is World Water Day

    by » 3 years ago


    anil wrote:

    Most of persons believed that main source of water is galciers and sea, But is not truth. Underground water is main source of water.But we are using it in nonsence way. Rain which we have in whole year is enough to recharge underground water sources. It is time to preserve rain water and recharge underground water sources.

    very true Anil.. i also believe in preserving rain water. when I was young, I use to collect rain water and preserve in the tank and use it for flushing toilets or such things. It use to be very helpful because we use to get only 2 hours of water through tap in a day. I guess the intelligent indian brains must build some technology to preserve and make logical use of this water. I am sure we might be able to solve many drought related problems or water issues during summer. 


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.