The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There were signs of onion prices falling in certain cities on Monday. Similar correction in prices are expected in the next few days as arrival has increased almost two-fold at Asia’s largest onion market in Lasalgaon. Similar was the trend in Pimpalgaon and Delhi.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Price of onion is yes increasing day by day we have left eating onions in salad s can't bear 90 Rs/kg. :evil:

I have removed it from my diet chart. I can live without Onions. Roti ,Kapada and Makan are essential for living. Not Onion, kapada and Makan.
Onion is not essential commodity and when people ignore it, the demand reduces and the traders who are playing with emotions also will be in loss and then the price will come down to a desirable level. :whistle:

When a regular food item you are habituated with becomes scarce, lot of hue and cry will be there. Of course I can understand, a sudden change cannot be taken easily. It's difficult. But not impossible to stop eating onions.

May be onion is not essential part of food in south but in north specially in Punjab, HP, J&K they can not think vegetable without onion. Onion and Dal is essential part of food.

It's an essential part of food. But not food. Can you live only by eating onions ?

It is right that we cann't live only by eating onions, but can you eat vegetable without salt. Like salt here onion is must for vegetables.

We can live without salt but our way of life has made salt indispensable. actually, vegetables have natural salt. We add salt for taste only. I also agree that onions are also necessary as these are part of our life. But sometimes, we need to make some adjustments in view of availability or scarcity of certain articles.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There were signs of onion prices falling in certain cities on Monday. Similar correction in prices are expected in the next few days as arrival has increased almost two-fold at Asia’s largest onion market in Lasalgaon. Similar was the trend in Pimpalgaon and Delhi.

Why this problem occurs in a country where agriculture is predominant. This basic problem should be investigated. Importing onions may solve the problem for the time being. We need a permanent solution.

Why this problem occurs in a country where agriculture is predominant. This basic problem should be investigated. Importing onions may solve the problem for the time being. We need a permanent solution.

The supply depends on crops. So import or ban on export depends on supply. If we have onions in excess, export is okay. Simultaneous import and export is funny. This year, there were also large exports and also hoarding by traders. There is need to bring onions under essential commodities act so as to curb hoarding. also forward trading and speculation in food articles should be banned.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is the matter of grave concern, farmers need to be empowered with money power, not with selling power, there is slight differ in financial management.

It is the matter of grave concern, farmers need to be empowered with money power, not with selling power, there is slight differ in financial management.

There are a galore of lapses as far as the farmers are concerned.. The fact that farmer suicides are on the increase has failed to draw the attention of the rulers.

There are a galore of lapses as far as the farmers are concerned.. The fact that farmer suicides are on the increase has failed to draw the attention of the rulers.
Absolutely, slowly death of farmers are now non issue, no one is concerned about it, it is a sad state of affairs, and we need a second swaminanthan the creator of first green revolution. :whistle: :S :whistle: :whistle: :S

Absolutely, slowly death of farmers are now non issue, no one is concerned about it, it is a sad state of affairs, and we need a second swaminanthan the creator of first green revolution. :whistle: :S :whistle: :whistle: :S

People like Swaminathan propose ways. Its up to the respective governments to see that they are effectively implemented.
Price of onion is yes increasing day by day we have left eating onions in salad s can't bear 90 Rs/kg. :evil:

I have removed it from my diet chart. I can live without Onions. Roti ,Kapada and Makan are essential for living. Not Onion, kapada and Makan.
Onion is not essential commodity and when people ignore it, the demand reduces and the traders who are playing with emotions also will be in loss and then the price will come down to a desirable level. :whistle:

When a regular food item you are habituated with becomes scarce, lot of hue and cry will be there. Of course I can understand, a sudden change cannot be taken easily. It's difficult. But not impossible to stop eating onions.

May be onion is not essential part of food in south but in north specially in Punjab, HP, J&K they can not think vegetable without onion. Onion and Dal is essential part of food.

It's an essential part of food. But not food. Can you live only by eating onions ?

It is right that we cann't live only by eating onions, but can you eat vegetable without salt. Like salt here onion is must for vegetables.

If salt costs more than the usual rate and not available in the open market. I stop using salt. Only 3 items are required for a man. Roti, kapada and Makan . Not onion, kapada and Makan .

It is right that when we can not afford any thing we have to stop using it. Most of persons are not using onion because they cannot afford it. But here peoples are habitual of it so they are feeling some type of unsatisfication.

Dear Anil, please tell me whether you got everything you wanted in life? No body can get everything that they want to have in their life.Dissatisfaction will be there in everybody's life. But did we stop living ? We continue to live. Life goes on Onions or No onions.

It is not possible to got all things we wanted in life but when our life style is disturbed it pinch us. Earlier in my family we were not using onion because my mother has elergy from it. I am also not so habitual of it but here punjabi community is habitual of it and they are using beside this high price.

If salt costs more than the usual rate and not available in the open market. I stop using salt. Only 3 items are required for a man. Roti, kapada and Makan . Not onion, kapada and Makan .

It is right that when we can not afford any thing we have to stop using it. Most of persons are not using onion because they cannot afford it. But here peoples are habitual of it so they are feeling some type of unsatisfication.

Dear Anil, please tell me whether you got everything you wanted in life? No body can get everything that they want to have in their life.Dissatisfaction will be there in everybody's life. But did we stop living ? We continue to live. Life goes on Onions or No onions.

It is not possible to got all things we wanted in life but when our life style is disturbed it pinch us. Earlier in my family we were not using onion because my mother has elergy from it. I am also not so habitual of it but here punjabi community is habitual of it and they are using beside this high price.

I agree with you. Any disturbance in life style will pinch. Because we got accustomed to a particular style. It's not easy to change according to a change. But we have to get used to change. That we cannot avoid it.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.