The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Now potato price is also high and Govt. restricted the price in Rs 14. Actually everything is high rated now.
here the price of patato is 8 per kg hopefully it will stay like this. :whistle:

You are lucky one, here in my city potato is 25 per kg in retail. Indeed availability of other vegetable is not enough so it is reason behind hike in potatos price.
Now potato price is also high and Govt. restricted the price in Rs 14. Actually everything is high rated now.
here the price of patato is 8 per kg hopefully it will stay like this. :whistle:

You are lucky one, here in my city potato is 25 per kg in retail. Indeed availability of other vegetable is not enough so it is reason behind hike in potatos price.
Here the demand of potato is lesser, as it is considered as foreign vegetables so plenty of people including me never eat potatoes.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Price of onion is yes increasing day by day we have left eating onions in salad s can't bear 90 Rs/kg. :evil:
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Price of onion is yes increasing day by day we have left eating onions in salad s can't bear 90 Rs/kg. :evil:

I have removed it from my diet chart. I can live without Onions. Roti ,Kapada and Makan are essential for living. Not Onion, kapada and Makan.
Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

I have removed it from my diet chart. I can live without Onions. Roti ,Kapada and Makan are essential for living. Not Onion, kapada and Makan.
Onion is not essential commodity and when people ignore it, the demand reduces and the traders who are playing with emotions also will be in loss and then the price will come down to a desirable level. :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

Onion is not essential commodity and when people ignore it, the demand reduces and the traders who are playing with emotions also will be in loss and then the price will come down to a desirable level. :whistle:

When a regular food item you are habituated with becomes scarce, lot of hue and cry will be there. Of course I can understand, a sudden change cannot be taken easily. It's difficult. But not impossible to stop eating onions.

absolutely but it is essential too s it changes the taste of the dish when dded. But that's true if the demand decreases the price will go down. :blink:

absolutely but it is essential too s it changes the taste of the dish when dded. But that's true if the demand decreases the price will go down. :blink:

When there is shortage, you need to make some adjustment. You may not stop taking onions but can reduce its consumption. I remember that once there was shortage of rice in Border Roads. Organization where I served. There were many South Indians who relish rice very much. So we decided that only south Indians may eat rice and others chapatis only. But the South Indians made a fine gesture saying that they would also take chapatis but they would take only some small quantity of rice as they cannot go totally without. Similarly, we may adjust with onions.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It's this weakness of the consumers, traders cash in. Reducing the demand of a commodity is in the hands of the consumer. But , it needs a strong will.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

When a regular food item you are habituated with becomes scarce, lot of hue and cry will be there. Of course I can understand, a sudden change cannot be taken easily. It's difficult. But not impossible to stop eating onions.

May be onion is not essential part of food in south but in north specially in Punjab, HP, J&K they can not think vegetable without onion. Onion and Dal is essential part of food.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.