The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
People can live sans onions, there is a time when the southern part of Odisha ten to 12 years back used to live with rice, onions and salt as all are so cheap so that they can afford that, think about those poor tribal now, as they have to eat only rice and salt, what a sad state of affairs, Lord save this country. :whistle:

Thank god that there is rice to eat at least. Rice fills the stomach. Onions are just a side dish which can be ignored.
Ha ha it is a sad state of affairs and I am praying to Lord, the price of rice should not cross the century mark. :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

People can live sans onions, there is a time when the southern part of Odisha ten to 12 years back used to live with rice, onions and salt as all are so cheap so that they can afford that, think about those poor tribal now, as they have to eat only rice and salt, what a sad state of affairs, Lord save this country. :whistle:

Thank god that there is rice to eat at least. Rice fills the stomach. Onions are just a side dish which can be ignored.
Ha ha it is a sad state of affairs and I am praying to Lord, the price of rice should not cross the century mark. :whistle:

If we reach that stage, not even god can save us.

That day will be the doom's day and the entire India would be a state of uncertainity and people will fight for foods instead of using internet. :ohmy:

That day will be the doom's day and the entire India would be a state of uncertainty and people will fight for foods instead of using internet. :ohmy:

That day will be the doom's day and the entire India would be a state of uncertainty and people will fight for foods instead of using internet. :ohmy:

Onions differ from rice, wheat, maize. That is why these are subjected to essential commodities Act.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Onions are not in the list of essential commodities. So no check on hoarders. Consequently the price rise. Rumor of its price touching Rs. 100/- The media has highlighted this too much. For Delhites- particularly Punjabis, without onions, there is no life. Personally, I don't see why onions are so significant. If you do not eat or curtail eating onions, the hoarders. game will be defeated.
In today's, local Agra newspaper, there is happy news of the onion prices coming down.

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/onion-crisis--here-s-whom-we-must-blame-041650404.html?vp=1

Or if Indian government allows import, it will show its impact immediately.It's way too cheaper in other countries.

I read in evening news paper, government is importing onion from Pakistan. 12 trucks reach by road from Lahore. But it is not enough.

12 trucks are not enough even for on city for a week, they will have to go for bigger consignments. This should be on priorities basis.

Yes government is importing more, one minister claimed that price of onion will be come down after ten days. NAFED is importing more onion and local crop of Rajasthan may be come in the market.
Onions are not in the list of essential commodities. So no check on hoarders. Consequently the price rise. Rumor of its price touching Rs. 100/- The media has highlighted this too much. For Delhites- particularly Punjabis, without onions, there is no life. Personally, I don't see why onions are so significant. If you do not eat or curtail eating onions, the hoarders. game will be defeated.
In today's, local Agra newspaper, there is happy news of the onion prices coming down.

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/onion-crisis--here-s-whom-we-must-blame-041650404.html?vp=1

Or if Indian government allows import, it will show its impact immediately.It's way too cheaper in other countries.

I read in evening news paper, government is importing onion from Pakistan. 12 trucks reach by road from Lahore. But it is not enough.

12 trucks are not enough even for on city for a week, they will have to go for bigger consignments. This should be on priorities basis.

Yes government is importing more, one minister claimed that price of onion will be come down after ten days. NAFED is importing more onion and local crop of Rajasthan may be come in the market.

For the time being onion prices may come down. But we should think of a long term and permanent solution to onion scarcity.
Now potato price is also high and Govt. restricted the price in Rs 14. Actually everything is high rated now.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Now potato price is also high and Govt. restricted the price in Rs 14. Actually everything is high rated now.
here the price of patato is 8 per kg hopefully it will stay like this. :whistle:

here the price of patato is 8 per kg hopefully it will stay like this. :whistle:

Potatoes are expensive here as there are less consumers in AP
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.