Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Friends? Can you guess the first religion that was born on the earth.

Sanatana Dharma, means that which has no beginning nor ending. That is Hinduism. Before Hinduism, there was no other religion. Because there are no proofs of existence of any other religion before Hinduism.

This is controversial. Arya samajis will say that Hindu religion began with VEDAS, which are 'GOD' given. Sanatan Dharma belives in idol worship. The literal meaning of 'sanatan' is 'universal' but the name does not definitely give true picture.

I agree. Controversies about the origin of Hinduism are certainly there. And this argument that Hinduism is the oldest religion will remain unclarified for ever.
Thank you said by: Biswajit Kumar Nath
Friends? Can you guess the first religion that was born on the earth.

First religion of course is 'humanism'. However first form of worship must be Sun, stars, trees etc on whom people depended. This is reinforced by cow worship. As cow was very significant in ancient India, people worshipped cow also. They worshipped the Peepal tree as well.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Biswajit Kumar Nath, Devyani Sarkar
What is now called Hinduism is the oldest, and there are different form of it, as within it, in the morning worshipping of sun, and on the month of January one worshipping of sun festival is there, all aspects of humanitarianism is there, and if one see clearly, it is the oldest no one has ever disputed this, and it is the oldest survive religion of the world, the second oldest jorastianism, humanity is not a religion, as it is due to this attribute Hinduism can be criticized by many still there is no such reaction as people have liberty to define on their own term as it is ingrained with the life of humans since the birth and that is why if some one is converted from other religion, to Hinduism still they are not acceptable in many societies as it takes life time to learn the manners associated with the oldest religion of world.

http://mohanmekap.com/

What is now called Hinduism is the oldest, and there are different form of it, as within it, in the morning worshipping of sun, and on the month of January one worshipping of sun festival is there, all aspects of humanitarianism is there, and if one see clearly, it is the oldest no one has ever disputed this, and it is the oldest survive religion of the world, the second oldest jorastianism,

True. Many non- Hindus including westerners drawn towards Hinduism purely on its universalism.
According to Bible, man was born first and then a woman was born. They had no religion. They were just humans who did not follow the order of God. The punishment given by God was the beginning of life and death circle on the earth.
I have also read Hindu sacred books according to which, Manu was the first man whom God has saved in the form of a seed. He was behind the Hindu civilisation in India.

Friends I agree with Gulshanji that the first religion of a person is humanism.

Rest is just manmade and stories.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
According to Bibal, Man was born first and then a woman was born. They had no religion. They were just humans who did not follow the order of God. The punishment given by God was the beginning of life and death circle on the earth.
I have also read Hindu sacred books according to which, Manu was the first man whom God has saved in the form of a seed. He was behind the Hindu civilisation in India.

Rest is just a manmade and stories.

If humanism becomes a universal religion, then it would be Utopia. But the self styled fundamentalists will not allow it to happen, Because it will be a low to their interests.
Hinduism has undergone a lot of changes since ancient times and today it is one of the most flexible and broad minded religions where the followers are not forced to anything ! No one questions you if you don't go to the temple or not read scriptures on a daily basis ( many hindus dont even know the story of Mahabharat, Ramayan ,The Geeta or upanishads). Probably, this is the reason why it is being taken adavntage of by everyone including our politicians.So, I don't blame a few so called Hard line ( name given by our politicians) Hindus trying to stand up for their right like other religions that get pampered here. The moment you talk about your customs and traditions, now you get branded as a Hindu fanatic !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Hinduism has undergone a lot of changes since ancient times and today it is one of the most flexible and broad minded religions where the followers are not forced to anything ! No one questions you if you don't go to the temple or not read scriptures on a daily basis ( many hindus dont even know the story of Mahabharat, Ramayan ,The Geeta or upanishads). Probably, this is the reason why it is being taken adavntage of by everyone including our politicians.So, I don't blame a few so called Hard line ( name given by our politicians) Hindus trying to stand up for their right like other religions that get pampered here. The moment you talk about your customs and traditions, now you get branded as a Hindu fanatic !

Exactly Hinduism is flexible as compared to other religions. I don't go to temple but I am still a Hindu and believe on God. One thing which makes me cry why the Pandits of temples always try to extract money from the followers. :evil:

Exactly Hinduism is flexible as compared to other religions. I don't go to temple but I am still a Hindu and believe on God. One thing which makes me cry why the Pandits of temples always try to extract money from the followers. :evil:

Because of greed and probably need ! They dont get paid properly , there was a proposal to pay the temple priests from taxes collected from the temples or some such thing, am not sure whether it materialised at all..Otherwise what would their income be ? I am not sure if there is a system in small temples but larger temples like Tirupati,Dharmastal etc have pay structure for priests , thats what I have heard..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

According to Bibal, Man was born first and then a woman was born. They had no religion. They were just humans who did not follow the order of God. The punishment given by God was the beginning of life and death circle on the earth.

Rest is just a manmade and stories.
Humanism is not a religion, I have not said religion comes when man or woman comes to the earth first, religion comes out of fear of environment, fear of darkness, natural calamities as people try to find the real powerful source so that they can find the grace from there, humanism as a religion I have read here for the first, it is there all over, and many books have been there Hinduism or Sanatana Dharma is the first religion, religions is separate from the creation of humans, it seems you are adding religion to origin of humans.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.