Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A small pool of books should be declared as National Books and citizens can choose their favourite from it. There is an no unanimity between religions and within religions in India on any single topic. Therefore better to have multiple choices as a way out.Will there ever be a unanimity for this is already in doubt. Geeta is a great philosophical book with universal appeal and should not be confined to narrow boundaries of religion by clever vote seeking politicians. It is much above that.

Though Geeta is a part of the Hindu epic Mahabharata...it is not a religious book, neither does it teach religion, it is more of a philosophical book giving life teachings, readings and in a country where numerous religions exists, there should not be any one national book. We should try to narrow down religious differences and not widen it with yet another introduction. Although we know Geeta to be more of a philosophical book, not many will accept it as a national book.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

There is nothing wrong in in makingGeeta as the National book. In these days it was introduced in the Business schools too. This i had mentioned in my early threads.

Gita is one of the greatest spiritual books in the world that reveals the philosophy of life. It illuminates human mind with knowledge, irrespective of the religion of the person. But, I don’t understand why we need a National Book and why should we tag it on Gita. Is it just a formality to promote its global presence or is there any envious motive to enlighten the whole world?

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Gita is one of the greatest spiritual books in the world that reveals the philosophy of life. It illuminates human mind with knowledge, irrespective of the religion of the person. But, I don’t understand why we need a National Book and why should we tag it on Gita. Is it just a formality to promote its global presence or is there any envious motive to enlighten the whole world?

I don't know the motive behind this move of making Geeta as the National book. But I can say this much that there is nothing wrong in the move. Geeta has universal appeal.

Upanishads and Manu smriti ( the hindu book of law) are religious books for Hindus, however outdated some of the ideas may be.....Geeta is more philosophical and introspective wisdom and not at all religious and I agree the opposition esp the Congress makes noise and creates controversy simply for the sake of doing so...

The opposition parties who are raising controversies know the SPELLING  of GEETA? Or the content of GEETA ? I doubt.

It is astonishing that a book said to have originated from mouth of Krishna- suposedly incafrnation of Vishnu- Hindu God- is mot considered as Hindu religious book by some. This is indeed amazing and also funny. Religious books also have some wisdom but still these are religious and bear stamp of particular religion. Gita, Geeta or Geetha or Geeetha- choose any spelling if it is felt that others do not even know spelling of this book.    

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Upanishads and Manu smriti ( the hindu book of law) are religious books for Hindus, however outdated some of the ideas may be.....Geeta is more philosophical and introspective wisdom and not at all religious and I agree the opposition esp the Congress makes noise and creates controversy simply for the sake of doing so...

The opposition parties who are raising controversies know the SPELLING  of GEETA? Or the content of GEETA ? I doubt.

It is astonishing that a book said to have originated from mouth of Krishna- suposedly incafrnation of Vishnu- Hindu God- is mot considered as Hindu religious book by some. This is indeed amazing and also funny. Religious books also have some wisdom but still these are religious and bear stamp of particular religion. Gita, Geeta or Geetha or Geeetha- my onorable firend may choose any spelling as he feels that others do not even now spelling of this book.    

The content counts, which has universal appeal. Besides even the most modern Business schools also included in their curriculum for its modern Business practices. Geeta has stood the test of time. How many of these opposing Geeta are aware of the content?

Is not The saying "SatyamevaJayate",which is present everywhere in the courts hasn't got universal appeal? Is there a religious factor in this?

In English one can spell it as one pronounces and Indian words can be spelt differently so it is nothing to be made much of at all...it can be Gita, Geeta or Geetha but in Sanskrit and other Indian languages it remains in its original form. Krishna has many forms and if someone thinks of him as only a god then it is their misconception since Krishna is also a  philosopher and guide , also took birth as an ordinary human being to rid the world of evil forces...One can go on criticising but ultimately the truth is what it is and not what one would like to make it look like , which is what all Hindu bashers and so called psuedo seculars want to do, for them anything to do with Hinduism is a laughing matter , whereas anything that cncerns minorities becomes a weighty matter .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu

In English one can spell it as one pronounces and Indian words can be spelt differently so it is nothing to be made much of at all...it can be Gita, Geeta or Geetha but in Sanskrit and other Indian languages it remains in its original form. Krishna has many forms and if someone thinks of him as only a god then it is their misconception since Krishna is also a  philosopher and guide , also took birth as an ordinary human being to rid the world of evil forces...One can go on criticising but ultimately the truth is what it is and not what one would like to make it look like , which is what all Hindu bashers and so called psuedo seculars want to do, for them anything to do with Hinduism is a laughing matter , whereas anything that cncerns minorities becomes a weighty matter .

Here..Here. Well said Usha. Thank God BJP has taken the initiative to bring back the real identity of this great nation that was  lost in the wilderness , courtesy ,the previous regimes.

In fact we should have national food, national drink, national transport, national religion, national political party,  etc besides national book.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.