During last three four days news related to only two cases are shown whole day and night on every news channels. These are news related to Hardik Patel and Sheena Bora murder case. News channels are showing these news on priority. Are these news so important, or nothing else has happened in India during last three four days? Are these news beneficial to anyone in anyway? Only one thing is happening due to these news is that negativity is being created in minds of people who are watching these news.

Why not good news shown on priority basis and some bad thing is placed in front of public with priority?

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Well, that is Indian media for you., whatever has star value and is the most gruesome or shocking, they will keep showing it for days . Media is just about break news and TRPs and not serious or important issues.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree with you to a certain extent but at the same time media is a Industry that survives through sensationalising news that is watched by most number of people .If you see the TRP I am sure during the past two days it must have rocketed sky high, we need to blame the public for this since without watchers , there is no media .. But I too feel that trivialities and celebrities are given far more importance than they deserve and very important issues are just skimmed over by the news channels !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Media can play important role in development of a country. People are somehow effected by what is shown and trending in media. News channels can discuss on important issues that is public and our government facing and help them to find solution for that problem. But the problem is our media is only looking for money and not for the development of our country. 

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

Media can play important role in development of a country. People are somehow effected by what is shown and trending in media. News channels can discuss on important issues that is public and our government facing and help them to find solution for that problem. But the problem is our media is only looking for money and not for the development of our country. 

That is not completely true because they do have debates and coverage on all major issues that directly concerns us but they also go after sensational news reports because they have to survive ..There is so much that goes in before a news gets reported and they need to pay all their out station staff etc ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Good news does not sell. Never did and never will do.

The answer lies in our thread itself. Media is supposed to play a crucial role in changing and influencing the thoughts of the people. Media has a great power to influence what we think about things happening around. The role of media is not only to seek solution to the many problems of the country, but the task of media is also to inform and educate people so that a critical awareness among the people is encouraged.

But the reality is very different. Now Media is in the hands of politicians and the rich. It is actually acting as a mouth piece of the politicians and the rich. Impartial Media is almost non existing.

Media's job is to report and not to educate. So many leading papers and channels are not owned by politicians ad the rich. So a sweeping statement that impartial media is non existant is misleading.

I personally feel that there is a lot more transparency with the media than it was before..It is also true that there are far too many media channels and they all what to outdo the other and as a result we are bombarded with news from all sides and any error or mistake would be noticed immediately...Without the media we would never have had cases like nirbhaya and others getting what was due to them.But at times people, especially the rich and the famous  may manipulate the media which cannot be helped..

If it is misleading please be kind enough to show an impartial media in India and pray educate me.

Media is a business enterprise whose function is to make people aware of what is happening around. it is just a mediator between the actions and the actors. It brings the facts and if necessary adds some salt and pepper to exploit the weakness of the people. You have to taste it and make your own analysis based on your conscience. And money is the ultimate motive of all business establishments without which nobody can survive.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.