The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The animated parade perhaps at Wagah border a real treat to see through television though I have not been there before. Perhaps it is the safest Indo Pak border to visit.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I too did not visit Wagah Border. But I heard from my Punjabi friends i came to know about the thrill at Wagah Border. Additionally the link has provided  a good account of the Wagah Border.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Visiting India Pakistan border is a unique experience. Both Indian and Pakistan border forces daily bring flags down. There are some other features given below: 

I have seen it on the TV but someday I hope to visit and see it for myself because t is so unique...The article is very comprehensive , even giving links on how to get there and where to stay !

I too wish to see the ceremony one day, my brother saw it last month when he was visiting Chandigarh and Amritsar on some work. He tells me the actual ceremony is quite dignified and lovely to watch but what spoils the atmosphere before that is that loud Bollywood music is played on both sides and there is a silly competition of one upmanship between tourists of both sides dancing vigorously to the songs each side trying to make them appear better than the other. This takes away the gravity and dignity of the place.

LOL, I can understand that...Both sides we share the same culture , thats precisely why we are unable to solve the border issues in a civilised manner! Some of my friends who visted there were of the opinion that it looks like a staged set with people clapping and playing music and what not !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The whole affair is an expression of Joy  excitement and cheerfulness. In this process there may be excessive show for the benefit of TV cameras. It can be ignored.

rambabu wrote:

Wagah Border experience is unique in one way. That is the only time both India and Pakistan look and behave as friends not Foes.

You will change your mind once you see the Indo Pak soldiers look at each other in anger. The way they drill is nothing short of a scene from martial arts movie, which is just short of kicking each other in the face. I am unable to understand why can't they behave normally and bring a sense of friendliness in place of all the hatred they show for each other. Maybe they want to keep the tradition of difference on and on.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Wagah Border experience is unique in one way. That is the only time both India and Pakistan look and behave as friends not Foes.

You will change your mind once you see the Indo Pak soldiers look at each other in anger. The way they drill is nothing short of a scene from martial arts movie, which is just short of kicking each other in the face. I am unable to understand why can't they behave normally and bring a sense of friendliness in place of all the hatred they show for each other. Maybe they want to keep the tradition of difference on and on.  

It is true that I did not see Wagah Border exercise. Whatever i expressed is from the information gathered from my Punjabi sailor Friends who work in Eastern Naval Command , Vizag.

Yes the ceremony is celebration of anger at each other. The spectators feel that they are giving it to the enemy thru the BSF jawans. It makes them feel good. However it is a spectacle to watch even though it is negative in nature. Allows venting of pent up feelings  at the border across the border. @ Rambabu has got it wrong when he says they behave as friends and not foes.

At least they look like friends for the sake of TV cameras.

The whole ceremony will collapse if they look friendly even for the sake of the camera. 

May be. I am not a witness to the wagah Border exercise. It's my impression. I may be wrong.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.