Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

My friend's son studied in XLRI-Xavier school of Management, Jamshedpur. At that, a decade ago, the institute charged Rs.

16, 80000. But the Boy was well placed drawing fat salary in the USA

But the fees charged by sundry MBA institutes is  also high but the salaries their MBA's get is low, as if they have not done MBA.

Low salaries are due to the low standards prevailing these sundry MBA institutions.

To success in business experiance is important than MBA degree. Persons who are from business back ground family can get experience in their family business. But for a person who is not from business back ground family, how he can get experience. For it he/she require to join any job. MBA degree is helpful in getting jobs. My Son is B.Tec. in IT but to join bank job he done PGDB from Manipal University. It is pre-condition of bank.  

Engineers doing MBA and then joining non engineering jobs are wasting the precious resources of getting a technical degree. It is a fashion but the two are required these days. For a selling job the engineering degree is a total waste. But that is the trend so students will naturally follow it.

@vijay most companies dealing with highly technical products prefer their sales team having proper technical knowledge with formal marketing knowledge. That way they save time and salary of one extra person. In my case I was a confirmed sales engineer only after completing my PGDMA. My job was to convince engineers/technical persons of various companies regarding my products. Incidentally I was working with Adwani Oerlikon, a Germany/Swiss based and one of the few companies having a wide range of welding electrodes and equipment. Our only competitors were L&T and Indian Oxygen Ltd. I agree engineers doing MBA and joining non-engineering companies may not sound the right idea at a particular point of time but you never know when one gets a chance in his dream company.         

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

A section of the Corporate world is of the opinion that the combination of BE + MBA is not a good combination. It's a known fact that  that Engineering teaches all about technical stuff. About Business skills an Engineer generally is in darkness. I'm not talking about exceptions. But on the whole an Engender doing an MBA is a waste.

because MBA has a strong value in India and every student have that audacity to tell his friends and parents that they like to do MBA in his/her career it is a most prestigious degree in India and its very popular also.

bhuyali saroj

Some management graduates opted for their own set up of business and that inspires many too. MBA is mixture of most of educations such as from arts, science and commerce and ultimately knowledge what individual gathers matters the most. MBA now a days has become another stream of attending post graduation.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I am of the opinion that in this present age the MBA degree is a must. Dedication, experience and hard work are essential criteria for promotion but with an MBA degree the applicant or the candidate becomes a little more deserving for the higher post. More and more education can be beneficial but lack of it can become a shortcoming either at some point of time or in a particular corporate house.   

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.