Today is birth anniversary of architect of modern India, and death anniversary of iron lady Indira Gandhi.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Honestly I did not know this...I knew that today was the death anniversary of Indira Gandhi since no one could forget all the confusion and problems that followed for common people .Our city was forcibly shut down for 5 days and people had no milk supply, vegetables or transportation and no hospitals were allowed to function..

I was not aware that Sardar Patel was born on the same day !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Known as " The Iron Man Of India" was the first Home Minister of India.Today It is observed as " Rashtiya Ekta Day " National unity Day on October 31.

Sardar Patel will be remembered for his success in making 500 princely states merge in to Indian Union post independence.

Last year that is in 2014 itself on the occasion of Sardar Patel's birthday the event 'Run for Unity' started. I don't know how much it works for unity but certainly it helps to rejuvenate.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Last year that is in 2014 itself on the occasion of Sardar Patel's birthday the event 'Run for Unity' started. I don't know how much it works for unity but certainly it helps to rejuvenate.

Run for unity is okay. But this does not work if you follow communal politics, kill people for free expression of views or simplyon rumour of eating some nonveg dish. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There seems to be confusion in BJP as to which and whose ideological line to follow. Who is Supreme, the Pm, the party or the RSS.

@Vijai it has nothing to do with the thread though but don't you think it's a good sign that you do not know who is supreme unlike in congress party where everyone has to touch feet of its dictator. However, the run for unity program is run for unity, why try to find out faults in that?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The killing of people for free expression is something that has always happened in our country ...The period of emergency , which was sponsored by one dictatorial  individual going on an intolerance drive ,saw the worst period when every voice was stifled . The grand old party now preaches as if it has done no wrong ! As far as run for unity is concerned, it is a step in the right direction. Intolerance needs to be curbed by all.. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

suni51 wrote:

@Vijai it has nothing to do with the thread though but don't you think it's a good sign that you do not know who is supreme unlike in congress party where everyone has to touch feet of its dictator. However, the run for unity program is run for unity, why try to find out faults in that?

I am not at all interested in finding faults with the run for unity. It is a good program and people should participate in it. What I meant was that when diverse multiple voices speak on behalf of a party confusion occurs as to which is the real agenda to be followed . I must say you are an astute observer of the internal going on of the Congress party with which I have no particular affinity or association.

vijay wrote:

There seems to be confusion in BJP as to which and whose ideological line to follow. Who is Supreme, the Pm, the party or the RSS.

BJP is not confused. We are confused. Just consider that RSS is the holding company whereas VHP, Bajarang Dal and other saffron extremist elements are subsidiary. Position is clear. They have common agenda. They speak in different voices only to confuse us. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Gulshanji I think you have put it very aptly. Things have become crystal clear.  

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.