Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

It is another tragic aspect of our character that we continue to look to Western scholars for sanction of our own legitimate logical and valid ideas and thoughts.Even an overwhelming majority of them ,initially committing the error of judgement of treating it as the language of the priests and astrologers,stumbled upon its vast literature depicting the life  of people who were gifted with deeper insight,creativity and imagination.Their open-minded and none-judgemental approach to life encouraged thoughts on non- religiou

Nobody denies the richness of Sanskrit. But how can you say that a language no more capable of communication is alive. Being rich and containing valuable knowledge does not amount to status of living language. Language is a means of communication and medium of instruction and administration. Sanskrit is not spoken language. Sanskrit is not used in govt offices even if declared as second or third official language.  Sanskrit is not medium of instruction in any school. In this scenario, I wonder how you call this living language. A rich language can also be instinct. This is just as Dhirubhai Ambani is not living though very rich.  

You may not be aware but there are hundreds of people who are studying, researching and creating their own works in Sanskrit. It probably might be a very small tribe but that tribe is increasing, not only in India but in European nations, especially in Germany. It might look dead to you. but it is not and is well on its way to another revival. So do not dismiss it so quickly./

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

No one is against Sanskrit. But it is no longer a living language in the sense that it is not a spoken or written language which is also not used officially. Like Latin or Pali it too had a glorious past. By present use norms it is almost impossible for it to become an official language in the near to distant future. However there will always be its lovers who will keep it alive.

vijay wrote:

No one is against Sanskrit. But it is no longer a living language in the sense that it is not a spoken or written language which is also not used officially. Like Latin or Pali it too had a glorious past. By present use norms it is almost impossible for it to become an official language in the near to distant future. However there will always be its lovers who will keep it alive.

Bang on!! It is alive in the hearts of its lovers and so it will remain alive! Call it dead if you like, it does not matter at all!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is right that Sanskrit is not a common language. Use of its is limited. Sanskrit should be made some easy to learn so more peoples likes to learn and use Sanskrit. It is not good thing to give name to education, saffron, green or white. Every education which is helpful in making good persons are good one.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

It is another tragic aspect of our character that we continue to look to Western scholars for sanction of our own legitimate logical and valid ideas and thoughts.Even an overwhelming majority of them ,initially committing the error of judgement of treating it as the language of the priests and astrologers,stumbled upon its vast literature depicting the life  of people who were gifted with deeper insight,creativity and imagination.Their open-minded and none-judgemental approach to life encouraged thoughts on non- religiou

Nobody denies the richness of Sanskrit. But how can you say that a language no more capable of communication is alive. Being rich and containing valuable knowledge does not amount to status of living language. Language is a means of communication and medium of instruction and administration. Sanskrit is not spoken language. Sanskrit is not used in govt offices even if declared as second or third official language.  Sanskrit is not medium of instruction in any school. In this scenario, I wonder how you call this living language. A rich language can also be instinct. This is just as Dhirubhai Ambani is not living though very rich.  

You may not be aware but there are hundreds of people who are studying, researching and creating their own works in Sanskrit. It probably might be a very small tribe but that tribe is increasing, not only in India but in European nations, especially in Germany. It might look dead to you. but it is not and is well on its way to another revival. So do not dismiss it so quickly./

One can easily understand why Sanskrit is getting this step motherly treatment by the grand old party and its followers. Sanskrit is the language of Bharat and Hinduism, so it has to be condemned at all costs , right or wrong !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We cannot write off any language as ‘dead’ just because it is not a spoken language of the masses. Sanskrit is alive in the form of many of the valuable ancient literature and scriptures. Having studied till 10th class, I have some fundamental ideas of Sanskrit. It has helped me a lot in many occasions, especially while learning the meaning of the shlokas in Gita, which I believe is one of the most beautiful philosophical poems in the world. Sanskrit language has some kind of enchanting beauty, depending on the concept of beauty of each individual. Instead of killing it, let us allow it to die a natural death in due course. 

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

We cannot write off any language as ‘dead’ just because it is not a spoken language of the masses. Sanskrit is alive in the form of many of the valuable ancient literature and scriptures. Having studied till 10th class, I have some fundamental ideas of Sanskrit. It has helped me a lot in many occasions, especially while learning the meaning of the shlokas in Gita, which I believe is one of the most beautiful philosophical poems in the world. Sanskrit language has some kind of enchanting beauty, depending on the concept of beauty of each individual. Instead of killing it, let us allow it to die a natural death in due course. 

Some thing not in use is called extinct even if this had beautiful life once upon a time. What is the purpose of language? Undoubtedly communication. Obviously Sanskrit is not used for communication either for personal or official communication. This is mother tongue of no body. Nobody is going to kill Sanskrit. This will be used by pandits performing marriage ceremony or death ceremony or other rituals. Allowing natural death means nothing. The language is already extinct as hardly any body uses this except for religious rituals. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If Sanskrit is extinct, Why so many Magazines are in circulation today ? Why Sahitya Academy, India's National Academy of letters gives an Award every year to writers in Sanskrit language since 1967 ? Why a Sanskrit News Bulletin is broadcast everyday from Doordarshan ? It's a fallacy to think that Sanskrit is extinct.
Dhirubhai Ambani is dead but he lives through his wealth.Gandhiji is no more but he is more powerful through his ideas. Narrowing and lowering the quality of a debate and discourse by laying down ridiculous criteria for determing if language is dead or alive is a cynical exercise. When one billion plus souls are supposed to sing the national anthem which nothing but a modified Sanskritized form of a composition. When another masterpiece 'Vandemataram' gave a subjugated people the mantra of freedom and never fails to inspire,to claim it is not spoken in the figurative sense is downright misleading.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

well i am not against any language, for me the only thing matters is what the other person to whom i am taking with, is he/she understanding or not .

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.