In some part of Maharastra peoples are getting little water, once in for days to drink and for other purpose. But Mharashtra governement have enough water fro IPL show (Tamasha) I read that 20 match will played in Maharashtra. Each match required 3 lac litter water. Total 60 lacs litter water. I think it enough to satisfied thrust of some million peoples for some days. It is not humane.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The failure of government is being taken out on IPL. 

This is total wastage of water but government don't care about it because they get compensated for the water usage. 

Maharashtra cricket association argued that they purchase water for its use and also water is not potable and cannot be useful for drinking purpose. 

Bombay High Court  refused to stay IPL opener. A decision on the remaining 19 matches scheduled in Maharashtra  has been kept pending, What I feel is the venue for IPL should be shifted to a venue where there is no water shortage. It's good, the HC has Green signaled only for the inaugural match ONLY.

I too feel IPL either should be postponed or completely canceled for the year 2016. The water crisis is there all over the country. I support cancellation altogether.. There is nothing wrong if IPL is skipped for an year. What I mentioned in my post is all about lovers of cricket in India and elsewhere. Nothing else.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/ipl/news/Water-crisis-Bombay-HC-refuses-to-stay-IPL-opener-on-April-9/articleshow/51728803.cms

Bajirao wrote:

This is total wastage of water but government don't care about it because they get compensated for the water usage. 

Maharashtra cricket association argued that they purchase water for its use and also water is not potable and cannot be useful for drinking purpose. 

The MCA and crazy cricket lovers will argue any way they want because they want to enjoy watching the match.

It just goes to show the pathetic state of average India human mind, selfishness.. I sincerely hope that the court takes a strict view of the issue

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

Bombay High Court  refused to stay IPL opener. A decision on the remaining 19 matches scheduled in Maharashtra  has been kept pending, What I feel is the venue for IPL should be shifted to a venue where there is no water shortage. It's good, the HC has Green signaled only for the inaugural match ONLY.

I too feel IPL either should be postponed or completely canceled for the year 2016. The water crisis is there all over the country. I support cancellation altogether.. There is nothing wrong if IPL is skipped for an year. What I mentioned in my post is all about lovers of cricket in India and elsewhere. Nothing else.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/ipl/news/Water-crisis-Bombay-HC-refuses-to-stay-IPL-opener-on-April-9/articleshow/51728803.cms

Indeed, the matches should not be held this year, its a sheer waste of water which can be useful for other purposes in drought hit areas. There should be full support for non conducting of this season. The Article supplies the necessary information to enlighten people of the state of being of people in Mumbai and the Section 144 in areas of water shows the plight of the condition. I think even the first match should have been suspended and then the case should have been continued.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Indeed, the matches should not be held this year, its a sheer waste of water which can be useful for other purposes in drought hit areas. There should be full support for non conducting of this season. The Article supplies the necessary information to enlighten people of the state of being of people in Mumbai and the Section 144 in areas of water shows the plight of the condition. I think even the first match should have been suspended and then the case should have been continued.

This type of situation never arose in the past. Many IPL matches were  conducted. Now the condition is very different, I too feel in such conditions  no match including the opening  match should have been allowed. MCA's advocate told the HC that they are purchasing the water to maintain the pitches. He further said that the water used to maintain the pitches is Non-Potable. Still personally I feel Water is water be it potable or Non -Potable

Though I'm an ardent fan of Cricket, I would never agree to such criminal wastage of water. yes, Sky is not going to fall if IPL is stopped for an year.

epraneeth77 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

This type of situation never arose in the past. Many IPL matches were  conducted. Now the condition is very different, I too feel in such conditions  no match including the opening  match should have been allowed. MCA's advocate told the HC that they are purchasing the water to maintain the pitches. He further said that the water used to maintain the pitches is Non-Potable. Still personally I feel Water is water be it potable or Non -Potable

Though I'm an ardent fan of Cricket, I would never agree to such criminal wastage of water. yes, Sky is not going to fall if IPL is stopped for an year.

rambabu wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

So no floating on cloud 9 ??

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

The MCA and crazy cricket lovers will argue any way they want because they want to enjoy watching the match.

It just goes to show the pathetic state of average India human mind, selfishness.. I sincerely hope that the court takes a strict view of the issue

True Usha, and it is not just a few parts, but more than half of the state is reeling under severe drought, there is not a drop of water to drink for animals and humans, Places such as Vidarbha and Marathwada get water once in 8 to 15 days and here they are about to waste almost 7-8 lakh liters of water daily on the upkeep of cricket pitches. Truth is that, several bigwig industrialists such as Ambanis and others who hold large stakes in the IPL matches will stand to lose money if IPL is canceled. And in a country where cheap entertainment such as IPL and Bollywood movies are glorified and celebrities from these two fields are worshipped more than God, who is concerned if the rest of the state is dying of thirst!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

True Usha, and it is not just a few parts, but more than half of the state is reeling under severe drought, there is not a drop of water to drink for animals and humans, Places such as Vidarbha and Marathwada get water once in 8 to 15 days and here they are about to waste almost 7-8 lakh liters of water daily on the upkeep of cricket pitches. Truth is that, several bigwig industrialists such as Ambanis and others who hold large stakes in the IPL matches will stand to lose money if IPL is canceled. And in a country where cheap entertainment such as IPL and Bollywood movies are glorified and celebrities from these two fields are worshipped more than God, who is concerned if the rest of the state is dying of thirst!

Kalyani, cricket has always been there and loved by the masses but the IPL , which was started during the UPA regime by some of the then ministers having a vested interest in it along with the cricket board . In Fact the style was created by Mallya, the cheer leaders and the glamour and sale of players , one can see  his stamp on it !!!!! honestly what a low for a glorious game like cricket. ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.