Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Religion essentially should harmonize society.Unfortunately since the dawn of civilization we know of its destructive influences. I don't have faith in organized religions but I have spritual interest which morally uplifts us.Not a set of rites or mantras. Lack of faith in human dharma would give way to a kind of nihilism which I don't find to be acceptable!!If acid has dharma that's properties then human minds too have a dharma that's to live for higher purposes and I need not elaborate what these higher purposes are! What nihilism has given to the world - nothing!!!

Spirituality and Higher Dharma are highly individualistic. These cannot govern our social conduct. What every one needs to understand from the very childhood is that we are social creatures and it benefits every individual to live by law and social rules that are framed for common good. every crime hurts the society as a whole. If there were only one or few criminals, they would gain at cost of society. But if most of people indulge in crimes, who gains? This is what needs to be understood.

I could not understand what did you exactly mean by terming spirituality as individualistic? Can we delink spirituality from society? Or were all our spiritualist individualistic? Sree Rama Krishna Paramhansa ,Swami Vivekandnada!! Even the so-called laws which are guiding the conduct of our citizens today are partly derived from our religious heritage. Emperor Asoka was deeply moved by Lord Buddha's teachings and became a disciple to renounce war for ever!!India produced saints and seer who transcended all individulism like Guru Nanak, Kabir,Chaitanyadev to name a few whose spiritual teachings made monumental impact on the common masses and society as a whole!!!
No doubt belief in God definitely effects one's character.When someone is more inclined to God then he tries to avoid all the things which according to God we should not do. :)
believe in God is like a track ,so that we can run in life with in track.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
India's spiritual heritage is something to be proud of and even the whole world looks to her for finding solutions to some of the deadly problems which stare at us. Mahatma Gandhi was more of a spiritual person than a political as Romain Rolland observed. Bauls of Bengal who believe in oriental mysticism spread a simple spritual message of universal brotherhood transcending all divides. Similarly Sufism also does the same.
"I could not understand what did you exactly mean by terming spirituality as individualistic? Can we delink spirituality from society? Or were all our spiritualist individualistic? Sree Rama Krishna Paramhansa ,Swami Vivekandnada!! Even the so-called laws which are guiding the conduct of our citizens today are partly derived from our religious heritage. Emperor Asoka was deeply moved by Lord Buddha's teachings and became a disciple to renounce war for ever!!India produced saints and seer who transcended all individulism like Guru Nanak, Kabir,Chaitanyadev to name a few whose spiritual teachings made monumental impact on the common masses and society as a whole!!! "

I completely agree with Chinmayjee....and he has pointed out each and every point, nothing else is required to added more.
Yes, India is known for its culture, spirituality and civilization, and of course we can't separate these factors from our country . Even foreigners are attracted to it due to a strange peace that they get through our culture, religion, yoga, epics etc.....which were passed to us by hundreds of generations and still it remains as a promise in our hands to hand over to next generation.
Nothing to quote more!!!!

Meera sandhu
I agree with all the points also want to declare officially about my devotion to Mother Durga but still do not feel that some one would be totally immoral if he/she does not have faith in God. Shakespeare was known atheist but was he bad?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

My question was whether belief in God influence one's character. I never said, atheists can't be good people. :)

Meera sandhu
yes sandhya belief in God influences one character.
Before I used to have more anger when am in teens.At that time I used to believe God but never concentrated on him. Later I started concentrating on him and my short temper 90% was vanished from mind.So before regretting anyone first I think a bit then I decide.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

"I could not understand what did you exactly mean by terming spirituality as individualistic? Can we delink spirituality from society? Or were all our spiritualist individualistic? Sree Rama Krishna Paramhansa ,Swami Vivekandnada!! Even the so-called laws which are guiding the conduct of our citizens today are partly derived from our religious heritage. Emperor Asoka was deeply moved by Lord Buddha's teachings and became a disciple to renounce war for ever!!India produced saints and seer who transcended all individulism like Guru Nanak, Kabir,Chaitanyadev to name a few whose spiritual teachings made monumental impact on the common masses and society as a whole!!! "

I completely agree with Chinmayjee....and he has pointed out each and every point, nothing else is required to added more.
Yes, India is known for its culture, spirituality and civilization, and of course we can't separate these factors from our country . Even foreigners are attracted to it due to a strange peace that they get through our culture, religion, yoga, epics etc.....which were passed to us by hundreds of generations and still it remains as a promise in our hands to hand over to next generation.
Nothing to quote more!!!!

Religion is not only spiritual. There is materialist aspect of religion also. The ancient social conduct and law such as manusmriti was religion based. Islam and Sikhism also relate to statecraft. 'Spirituality' implies that one should be less materialist and observe austerity. Thus religious views may affect one's character. However, even cheats, bandits, smugglers are religious. When a thief successfully completes his mission, he thanks God. God belongs to all- good as well as bad. On the whole character depends on one attitude to family, society and nation. On balance, religious beliefs do not materially affect character.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

My question was whether belief in God influence one's character. I never said, atheists can't be good people. :)

There is a tribe in India which has great faith in GOD, they live mostly by stealing money and valuables burgling in to the houses, they perform a full fledged POOJA before starting their operation. Now what would you call it. So faith and characters are totally different. One can have inspiration in different ways by having faith.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.